MOVCENTR Events and Outreach
MOVCENTR Events and Outreach
- Saturday, November 18, 2017: The Perry Initiative. "The Perry Outreach Program is The Perry Initiative’s trademark event, designed to introduce high school girls to real tools and surgical procedures they will encounter in orthopaedic surgery and engineering jobs."
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018: National Biomechanics Day. "National Biomechanics Day is a world-wide celebration of Biomechanics in its many forms for high school students and teachers."
- Thursday, May 17, 2018: Third Annual Conference in Human Movement Variability. The conference brings together researchers from across the globe to share their research in movement variability, and exchange ideas while exploring potential collaborations.
The Center took part in the Second Annual National Biomechanics Day on April 6, 2017. Members from MOVCENTR were part of 353 American Society of Biomechanics laboratories across the Globe bringing awareness and education to communities about the importance of Biomechanics. The first year NBD comprised of 88 labs from the U.S.
MOVCENTR members welcomed 100 students to the lab spaces throughout the day for elementary and junior high students from across the metro area.
This workshop is an introduction to nonlinear analysis methods. The purpose of this workshop is to introduce research scientists, clinicians, educators, and students to a variety of nonlinear methods for the analysis of biological time series data.
The workshop runs July 31-August 4, 2017.
Visit the web page to learn more about objectives, instructors, content and registration.
Request a Tour or Field Trip
Interested individuals should contact Dr. Amelia Lanier to schedule a tour or field trip for your class by email or phone 402.554.4486.
Previous Outreach Events
- Home Instead's ‘Caregiver Appreciation Open House’
- ‘Lights on Afterschool’
- The Omaha Baby Fair
- Autism Night at the Children’s Museum
- A fundraiser for Autism Action Partnership, “A vintage affaire VII wines of the world”
- Autism Society Puzzle Walk, featuring a sensory room for the children and their families
- Nebraska ASD Network State Conference for educators and families
- Children’s RESPITE Care Center, to educate and provide evaluation services for families that have children with autism
- Columbus Lost Creek Elementary School to assess their Special Education Program for children with autism
- Daughters of Penelope
- Little Priest Tribal College Field Trip
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.