Awards and Recognition
Dr. Nick Stergiou received the University of Nebraska President's IDEA Award Again
Dr. Nick Stergiou received the Outstanding Research and Creative Activity (ORCA) Award for 2021. The ORCA award recognizes individual faculty members for outstanding research or creative activity of national or international significance. In 2018, Dr. Nick Stergiou received the University of Nebraska Innovation, Development, and Engagement Award (IDEA). The IDEA honors members of the University of Nebraska faculty who have extended their academic expertise beyond the boundaries of the University in ways that have enriched the broader community.
- Junior Investigator, Dr. Nate Hunt was featured on the Cover of Science Magazine
- COBRE Phase I Junior Investigator, Dr. Kota Takahashi received $2 million for his project titled, Optimizing prosthetic shock absorption for high demand mobility of service members with leg amputation with the Department of Defense
- COBRE Phase II Junior Investigator Graduate, Dr. Jorge Zuniga, COBRE PI, Dr. Nick Stergiou, and COBRE Core Director, Dr. Brian Knarr, received $1,125,000 for their project titled, Development and Testing of Recyclable and Antimicrobial Materials for Additive Manufacturing with NASA EPSCoR
- COBRE PI, Dr. Nick Stergiou, COBRE Phase II Core Director, Dr. Aaron Likens, and COBRE Pilot Project Awardee, Dr. Spyros Mastorakis, received $447,000 for their project titled, Gaitprints as Predictors of Disease and Disability for Effective Rehabilitation Engineering with the NSF
- COBRE Phase II Pilot Project Awardee, Dr. Spyros Mastorakis received $175,000 for his project with the NSF