Outreach Inside the MOVCENTR
Outreach Inside the MOVCENTR
High School girls learn how to simulate surgery with hands on experience during the Perry Initiative.
Save the date for the Fifth Conference in Human Movement Variability, May 14, 2020!
- August 5-9, 2019: Annual Nonlinear Analysis Workshop. "The purpose of this workshop is to introduce research scientists, clinicians, educators, and students to a variety of nonlinear methods for the analysis of biological time series data."
- November 9, 2019: The Perry Initiative. "The Perry Outreach Program is The Perry Initiative’s trademark event, designed to introduce high school girls to real tools and surgical procedures they will encounter in orthopaedic surgery and engineering jobs." Applications must be submitted by October 9th.
Request a Tour or Field Trip
Interested individuals should contact Dr. Amelia Lanier to schedule a tour or field trip for your class by email or phone 402.554.3228.
Participants will learn how to use nonlinear methods to analyze real biological data by first learning about the underlying mathematics of each nonlinear method in a simple and friendly fashion. Instructors will use class discussions and hands-on practice to facilitate understanding of the material covered in the lectures.
The workshop runs August 5-9, 2019.
Visit the web page to learn more about objectives, instructors, content and registration.
Previous Outreach Events
- National Biomechanics Day. We are proud to embark in the fourth annual National Biomechanics Day. Students interact, learn, and get hands on experience learning about how biomechanics integrates our every day lives.
- The Perry Initiative. "The Perry Outreach Program is The Perry Initiative’s trademark event, designed to introduce high school girls to real tools and surgical procedures they will encounter in orthopaedic surgery and engineering jobs."
- Fourth Annual Conference in Human Movement Variability. The conference brings together researchers from across the globe to share their research in movement variability, and exchange ideas while exploring potential collaborations.
- Home Instead's ‘Caregiver Appreciation Open House’
- ‘Lights on Afterschool’
- The Omaha Baby Fair
- Autism Night at the Children’s Museum
- A fundraiser for Autism Action Partnership, “A vintage affaire VII wines of the world”
- Autism Society Puzzle Walk, featuring a sensory room for the children and their families
- Nebraska ASD Network State Conference for educators and families
- Children’s RESPITE Care Center, to educate and provide evaluation services for families that have children with autism
- Columbus Lost Creek Elementary School to assess their Special Education Program for children with autism
- Daughters of Penelope
- Little Priest Tribal College Field Trip
- Each year members from the MOVCENTR take part in the growing National Biomechanics Day. Over 300 American Society of Biomechanics laboratories across the globe bring awareness and education to communities about the importance of Biomechanics. "National Biomechanics Day is a world-wide celebration of Biomechanics in its many forms for high school students and teachers."