Get the Right Help When You Need It
Because Arts & Sciences uses a multiple-advisor system, it's important that you make an appointment with the right advisor at the right time.
Below, you'll find the steps to make sure that you're making the right advising appointment.
|The Arts & Sciences Advising Path
1. Meet with an Arts & Sciences Advising Center Advisor
- Whether you're a freshman or transfer student, your first Advising appointment should always be with an Advising Center Advisor
- First semester freshmen meet with an Arts and Sciences advisor during Orientation. Transfer students in Arts and Sciences schedule their first advising appointment by calling us at 402-554-2458.
- Current students may use the link below.
Make an appointment with an Advising Center Advisor
2. Transition to a Major Advisor
You should transition to your major advisor when you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- You have a declared major
- You have completed at least 27 credits
- You have already met with an Advising Center Advisor
Make an appointment with a major advisor
3. Return to your Advising Center Advisor
- You can return to an Advising Center Advisor whenever you need to.
- You should also return to the Advising Center when you reach 91 credits for a graduation check.