Get the Right Help When You Need It
Because Arts and Sciences uses a multiple-advisor system, it's important that you make an appointment with the right advisor at the right time.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - EFFECTIVE MARCH 23, 2020:
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Arts & Sciences Advising Center will only be offering advising appointments by phone and online via Zoom until further notice.
Please continue to schedule your A&S Advising Center phone or online appointments normally by calling 402-554-2458 or using MavTrack.
Below, you'll find the steps to make sure that you're making the right advising appointment.
|The Arts & Sciences Advising Path
1. Meet with an Arts & Sciences Advising Center Advisor
- Whether you're a freshman or transfer student, your first Advising appointment should always be with an Advising Center Advisor
- First semester freshmen meet with an Arts and Sciences advisor during Orientation. Transfer students in Arts and Sciences schedule their first advising appointment by calling us at 402-554-2458.
- Current students may use the link below.
Make an appointment with an Advising Center Advisor
2. Transition to a Major Advisor
You should transition to your major advisor when you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- You have a declared major
- You have completed at least 27 credits
- You have already met with an Advising Center Advisor
Make an appointment with a major advisor
3. Return to your Advising Center Advisor
- You can return to an Advising Center Advisor whenever you need to.
- You should also return to the Advising Center when you reach 91 credits for a graduation check.