New student orientation is a two-part process for all incoming first-year students at UNO and consists of online orientation and enrollment advising. Completing your online orientation and enrolling in classes is just the beginning of your college experience at UNO.
Registering for Orientation
Registration for Spring 2022 online orientation is now open!
- In your MavLINK account, click the Admissions drop-down menu located on the left-hand side of the home page. Click the “Undergrad Orientation Signup” link. The registration form will pop up in a separate window.
- Review your personal information and intended major before completing the form.
- Follow the instructions for registration.
You will have access to the online orientation within 24-48 hours of registering. Registration is now open.
Your orientation experience is completely facilitated online. This mandatory online orientation program will introduce you to success resources, academic expectations, and campus life at UNO.
You must complete an online orientation before meeting with your academic advisor and enrolling in classes. The online orientation should be completed at least one week prior to your advising appointment.How do I access my orientation?
- Within 48 hours after registering for orientation, you will have access to online orientation via the Student Success Community course found in your Canvas dashboard.
- The date provided to you during registration just indicates when you will gain access to the course in Canvas. After gaining access, you can complete the course any time that works with your schedule.
- Online orientation takes approximately 120 minutes to complete.
- It is divided into modules that include videos, written content, and short quizzes.
- You can complete your online orientation in multiple sessions, and any progress you make once you begin will be saved. Just log back into Canvas to pick up where you left off.
- After completing all of the required orientation modules, you must complete a survey and a comprehensive quiz. The quiz must be passed with a 70% or higher.
- Your orientation hold will be removed within one (1) business day of passing the comprehensive quiz.
Academic Advising & Enrollment
You must complete online orientation before your academic advising appointment.
All students need to meet with an advisor in order to enroll in courses. Follow the steps below to schedule your appointment.
- View this website to find the contact information for academic advisors from your program or area of study.
- Call the appropriate advising team to schedule an appointment time that works with your schedule.
- Check your UNO email for appointment details (meeting calendar invitation, video call link, etc.)
During your advising appointment, your advisor will help you choose classes and set your schedule for the upcoming semester. To prepare, gather your MavLINK login information and your high school and college transcripts prior to your appointment.
How do I change my major?
If you no longer plan to pursue the major you indicated when you applied for admission, a change of major request must be made in writing to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at email@example.com (include your name and NUID).
To ensure that you are scheduled to meet with the appropriate advising team, please change your major prior to scheduling your academic advising appointment.
All enrolled students born after 1956 are required to submit an official copy of their immunization records showing two measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccinations or a positive rubeola titer. To submit an official copy of these records, you must upload them through the immunization portal on MavLINK under "Profile". See additional information about this process.
Our Family Resources website is your one-stop shop for the information about on-campus support you need along your student's college journey. Here you can sign up for our Maverick Family Newsletter, find important updates about campus operations, and more!
Check out our Family Orientation webpage to view short videos and a to-do list of next steps for family members and students. It's easy to navigate and available online 24/7.
2021-2022 Welcome Guide
View the Resource Guide for a quick reference of everything UNO has to offer. Visit Maverick Landing to pick up a physical copy complete with a student planner!
Download the interactive PDF version to have all of the information at your fingertips!