Advising Appointment Alternatives
Advising That Works For You
Drop-In Advising is an option we offer during peak times of the semester—usually just before registration begins. These appointments aren't intended to be a replacement for a regular advising appointment. They are intended to be quick and to-the-point, approximately 10-15 minutes, making sure that you're ready to register for the right courses next semester.
We want to help you with your career or major exploration or time management skills, but to do that, you'll need to make a full advising appointment after the rush of registration.
Drop-In Advising is on a first-come, first-served basis, so you may be offered a time different than what you requested, based on capacity.
In-person drop-ins will be accepted in Arts & Sciences Hall (ASH) 220 during certain dates/times listed below. Please check in at the front desk upon your arrival and further instructions will be given to you at that time. (NOTE: We will NOT be accepting in-person drop-ins between January 10th through January 19th.)
Remote drop-ins will also be accepted via Zoom and phone during the dates/times listed below.
- Zoom: You can simply join our Zoom room and an advising assistant will be there to greet you, take your information, and provide further instructions. Join the Zoom Room
- Phone: You may request your preferred date/time and you will be contacted via phone or e-mail with the necessary information for your drop-in advising session on the day you select. To request a Phone drop-in, please use the Phone Drop-In Request Form.
Upcoming Drop-In Dates/Times
|Date||Time||Modality / Location|
About the Course Approval Form
This form is not intended to be a replacement for advising. Instead, we make it available for students who have a firm grasp of their curriculum requirements and are sure about which courses they would like to take.
You can fill out this form and submit it to an advisor. If your courses are approved based on your situation, the advisor who reviews the form will lift your advising hold and you'll be notified that you're ready to register.
- If you are a sophomore or higher with a declared major in Arts and Sciences, you will need to see your Departmental Major Advisor regarding your hold. This course approval form is for all others in Arts and Sciences who would like to use this form to release their advising hold, in place of seeing an advisor.
- Please allow up to 48 hours for a response, although we aim for 24 hours.
- Please place the courses you would like to take in your shopping cart, if at all possible.