MavRIDE Bus Pass
MavRIDE offers free rides on the Metro Bus System to current faculty, staff and students. Your MavCARD is activated with the bus pass. MavRIDE can be used at any time on any route, but must only be used by the UNO faculty/staff or student on the MavCard.
The Omaha Metro bus route is available online.
Visit the Permits page for more information regarding faculty/staff carpool permits.
UNO Ride Matching Service
UNO Parking Services offers ride matching services through our office via registration in MavSync. If you do form a carpool and you're faculty/staff, then we have a carpool permit with reserved parking available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
ZipCar at UNO
Need a car? Borrow a Zipcar! UNO has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to the area. Simply register as a member, reserve a car online or by phone, use your Zipcard to enter the car, and drive away. When you’re done, return the car to the same location where you picked it up.
As a member you get:
- Access to Zipcars 24/7. Cars located in Lot N (Dodge) and Lot 5 (Scott)
- Discounted rates for faculty/staff and students (18 and older): rates start at just $7.50/hour or $69/day
- Gas, insurance and maintenance are included for free!
- Join for only $25 a year, and receive $35 in driving credit your first month.
Get started at zipcar.com/unomaha.
Use Google Maps to find bicycling, walking, or bus route to UNO’s campus.
Emergency Ride Home
UNO Emergency Ride Home (ERH) provides free taxi service in the event of an unexpected emergency.
Current faculty/staff or students who sustainably commuted to UNO are eligible to participate. Download and complete the registration form and submit it to Parking Services, EAB 107. Rides must originate from a UNO Campus (Dodge, Scott or Center) and may only include the following destinations: home, hospital or doctor's office, school or daycare (e.g., pick-up sick child) then home or hospital/doctor’s office.
Acceptable Use of ERH
- Sickness of participant or carpool driver
- Sickness or accident of immediate family member (child, spouse, parent)
- Unscheduled overtime or late meeting (i.e., no advance warning requirement to work late)
- Carpool/vanpool driver left work early for emergency
- Carpool vehicle or bicycle breakdown
ERH will permit taxi rides up to 30 miles from a UNO Campus. Costs beyond 30 miles will be the responsibility of the rider. ERH may not to exceed 4 times in a calendar year. Rides taken in excess of these limits are the responsibility of the rider.
- Pre-planned events (such as medical or dental appointments, scheduled overtime)
- Public transportation breakdowns
- Days when rider did not commute by sustainable means
- Inclement weather
Request a Ride
Call Happy Cab (402.884.2222). Provide the building and address (ex: “northwest entrance of the Milo Bail Student Center, 6203 University Drive North”). When selecting payment method, choose “Account” and enter “UNOERH.” Be sure to describe the location for pick-up (ex: “North side of Durham Science Building”).