Nebraska Municipal Clerks Institute & Academy
What is the Institute?
The Nebraska Municipal Clerk Institute is an annual continuing education professional seminar held in Nebraska during March of each year for municipal clerks in Nebraska. The Institute was initiated in 1976 by the, then, Department of Public Administration at the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO), in conjunction with the League of Nebraska Municipalities and the Nebraska Municipal Clerks' Association (NMCA) section of the League of Nebraska Municipalities. The UNO School of Public Administration is responsible for operating the Institute.
The Institute is accredited by International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC) and provides opportunities for completing the educational requirement for achieving the prestigious status of Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) awarded by IIMC. The Institute has been instrumental in bringing community recognition and honor to Municipal Clerks and their office.
Although the main purpose of the Institute is to provide professional training and education, a number of other types of events are held during the week.
- A Celebration of Clerks highlights the Local Area Associations with a colorful flag ceremony.
- A social event for Institute clerks on Monday evening is a great way to meet your fellow clerks.
- A Wednesday evening reception hosted by NMCA provides another opportunity to network.
- Vendors displays on Wednesday and Thursday includes a punch card game with prizes.
- A silent auction benefits the scholarship program.
- A business meeting of the NMCA is held on Thursday.
- An Annual Award Banquet on Thursday evening recognizes the achievements of your fellow clerks.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.