Office of Risk Management
The Office of Risk Management protects UNO's assets through:
- Identification of loss potential
- Loss evaluation, prevention, and reduction
- Loss funding and risk financing
- Claims control
Risk Management Objectives
- Protect the financial and physical assets of the UNO by identifying, preventing and managing liability exposures.
- Investigate, evaluate and resolve professional and general liability claims brought against UNO
- Assist outside counsel in the defense of the UNO's professional, general liability and property claims.
- Recommend corrective action to problems identified through risk management activities.
- Develop and review UNO policies, procedures and forms to address possible liability exposures.
- Collaborate and cooperate with other UNO departments in developing mechanisms to assess, evaluate and reduce loss potential.
- Promote loss prevention training programs for UNO.
Activities are shared in agreement with all University of Nebraska campuses, however, campus specific issues can and will be addressed on an individual campus basis.