- Must have completed a current year FAFSA (for Federal aid consideration).
- Must be enrolled for the current summer term.
- Must complete the Summer Aid Application (available in MavLINK once you register for summer classes).
- The enrollment you indicate on your Summer Aid Application must match your actual enrollment in order for us to process your aid request.
- Must be enrolled half-time (six (6) credits hours for undergraduates, and four (4) credits hours for graduate students) to be considered for Federal loans and/or institutional grants.
- Must be in a degreed program and eligible to recieve Federal aid.
Summer aid notices will be emailed to current students as a reminder to complete the Summer Aid Application in early March. Summer awards are normally generated no earlier than mid-March.
DISBURSEMENT INFO - To be eligible for your financial aid disbursement you must have begun class attendance at a half-time enrollment level of at least six (6) credit hours as an undergraduate or four (4) credit hours for a graduate student. This includes all federal loan and institutional grant funds. The funding will be released towards your student account after the census date (the last day to drop a class via MavLINK to receive a full refund) of the session in which you reach a half-time enrollment level.You will be able to view summer disbursement dates on the summer aid application.
PLEASE NOTE: Summer funding is limited to your remaining eligibility for the academic year. Students who do not have remaining eligibility will be notified by email.
Types of summer aid available:
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.