Resident Assistant Staff Opportunities
How to Apply
RA applications are open from January 13-February 13, 2020. The RA applictaion can be found and completed by visiting https://unomaha.peopleadmin.com/postings/10262.
Want to know more? Attend one of the following information sessions!
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 5:00 P.M. | Scott Café
- Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 5:00 P.M. | CEC 230-231
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 5:00 P.M. | University Village Clubhouse
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 12:00 P.M. | Maverick Village Clubhouse
The RA role is expected to be a priority over all other extracurricular activities. Essential duties of the position include:
- Leading, creating programs for, and interacting with a building of about 47 residents
- Personally know each student in your area and connect with each of them monthly
- Identify and assist residents with personal, social, health-related, and academic, current or potential concerns
- Be available to talk with residents about their concerns, interests, and needs
- Know emergency procedures and assist in properly implementing them if needed
- Acquaint residents with student services on and off-campus
- Encourage residents to become in building and campus activities
- Respect and support the dignity of all individuals
- Assist in covering duty and on-call responsibilities throughout the year- including over weekends, holidays, and student breaks
Please note that, in addition to the following requirements, first-year Resident Assistants are not permitted to maintain outside employment (including other on-campus positions).
- Second year, full-time UNO student with 28 completed credits at the time of employment
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- In good academic and judicial standing with UNO
- Able to work the entirety of the employment period
Dates of Employment
This position begins in late July/early August and ends May 31. If hired, there will also be an option to apply to serve as a Summer Resident Assistant. Employment is renewable if job performance (reviewed each semester) is satisfactory.
- From August–May, RAs receive a monthly stipend of $400-430 depending on responsibilities.
- A partially furnished apartment with a private bedroom (including utilities) for the duration of the time of employment. RAs will have roommates in the three other bedrooms of their apartment.