Resident Assistant Staff Opportunities
How to Apply
Complete the RA application on Handhake! Click here to apply.
Want to know more?
We will be hosting information sessions both in-person and virtually throughout December 2021 and January 2022 to help interested applicants better undertsand the RA position and get to know Housing and Residence Life staff prior to the interview process in February 2022. These sessions will be held via Zoom.
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - 7:00 PM: Click here to join this session!
- Friday, January 14, 2022 - Noon: Click here to join this session!
- Tuesday, January 18, 2022 - 7:00 PM: Click here to join this session!
- Monday, January 24, 2022 - 7:00 PM: Click here to join this session!
- Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 7:00 PM: Click here to join this session!
The RA role is expected to be a priority over all other extracurricular activities. Essential duties of the position include:
- Leading, creating programs for, and interacting with a building of about 47 residents
- Personally know each student in your area and connect with each of them monthly
- Identify and assist residents with personal, social, health-related, and academic, current or potential concerns
- Be available to talk with residents about their concerns, interests, and needs
- Know emergency procedures and assist in properly implementing them if needed
- Acquaint residents with student services on and off-campus
- Encourage residents to become in building and campus activities
- Respect and support the dignity of all individuals
- Assist in covering duty and on-call responsibilities throughout the year- including over weekends, holidays, and student breaks
Please note that in addition to the following requirements, first-year Resident Assistants are not permitted to maintain outside employment (including other on-campus positions) during their first semester in the position.
Applicants must be:
- Second year, full-time UNO students with 24 completed credits at the time of employment
- Must be in good academic and judicial standing at UNO
- Able to work the entirety of the employment period (August 1, 2022 - May 31, 2023)
Dates of Employment
This position begins in late July/early August 2022 and ends May 31, 2023. If hired, there will also be an option to apply to serve as a Summer Resident Assistant in June-July 2023. Employment is renewable if job performance (reviewed each semester) is satisfactory.
- From August–May, RAs receive a monthly stipend of $400-430 depending on responsibilities.
- A partially furnished apartment with a private bedroom (including utilities) for the duration of the time of employment. RAs will have roommates in the three other bedrooms of their apartment.