Understanding Your GPA
- Find the quality point’s value for each class taken. (For quality points see UNO's Grading Scale)
- Multiply the quality point’s value for the letter grade received times the number of credits the course is worth. Do this for each of the classes in which you received a grade.
Quality points x number of credits = grade points for the class
You earn a B+ in a 3 hour class
Quality points for a B+ are 3.33
3.33 x 3 = 9.99
- Add together the grade points from each class.
- Add together the credit hours from each class.
- Finally, divide the total grade points by the total number of credit hours taken. This will give you your semester G.P.A.
To calculate your cumulative GPA:
- Add together all grade points for your career
- Add together all credit hours from each class
- Divide the total grade points by the total number of credit hours
Please Note: When determining eligibility for honors for graduation, repeated courses and grades awarded in all courses taken at all colleges and universities attended are included in computing a Grade Point Average (GPA).
Visit the Graduating with Honors page for more information.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.