Understanding Your GPA
- Add together the grade points from each class with a letter grade.
To find grade points:
Find the quality point’s value for each class taken. (For quality points, see UNO's Grading Scale)
Multiply the quality point’s value for the letter grade received times the number of credits the course is worth to determine grade points.
Quality points x number of credits = grade points for the class
- Add together the credit hours from each class.
- Finally, divide the total grade points by the total number of credit hours taken. This will give you your GPA.
Please Note: When determining eligibility for honors for graduation, repeated courses and grades awarded in all courses taken at all colleges and universities attended are included in computing a Grade Point Average (GPA).
Visit the Graduating with Honors page for more information.
Use the calculator below to compute semester and cumulative grade point averages.
Grades of: CR, NC, S, U, IP, I, AU, W, and NR are not used in computing grade point averages.
1. Semester GPA: Calculate a semester GPA using estimated grades.
Enter your estimated letter grades and credit hours.
2. Cumulative GPA: Calculate how your estimated semester grades will impact your Cumulative GPA.
Enter your current cumulative letter graded credit hours (QHRS) and current cumulative GPA.
3. Desired GPA: Enter your desired GPA to see how many hours of 4.0 grades it would take to achieve your desired GPA.
This calculator is for estimated grades only. Official GPA reports will be published on MavLINK.