Understanding Your GPA
- Find the quality point’s value for each class taken. (For quality points see UNO's Grading Scale)
- Multiply the quality point’s value for the letter grade received times the number of credits the course is worth. Do this for each of the classes in which you received a grade.
Quality points x number of credits = grade points for the class
You earn a B+ in a 3 hour class
Quality points for a B+ are 3.33
3.33 x 3 = 9.99
- Add together the grade points from each class.
- Add together the credit hours from each class.
- Finally, divide the total grade points by the total number of credit hours taken. This will give you your semester G.P.A.
To calculate your cumulative GPA:
- Add together all grade points for your career
- Add together all credit hours from each class
- Divide the total grade points by the total number of credit hours
Please Note: When determining eligibility for honors for graduation, repeated courses and grades awarded in all courses taken at all colleges and universities attended are included in computing a Grade Point Average (GPA).
Visit the Graduating with Honors page for more information.