The Solomon Amendment is a federal law that allows military recruiters to access some address, biographical and academic program information on students. The Department of Education has determined the Solomon Amendment supersedes most elements of FERPA. An institution is therefore obligated to release data included in the list of “student recruiting information.”
If the student has a current FERPA restriction on MavLINK to restrict the release of Directory Information, then no information will be released under the Solomon Amendment.
Definition - Student Recruitment Information
2. Address (local and/or permanent)
3. Telephone (local and/or permanent)
5. Level of education
6. Academic major
Requesting - Recruitment Information
1. Under the Solomon Amendment, information will be released for military
recruitment purposes only. The military recruiters may request student
recruitment information once each term or semester for each of the 12
eligible units within the five branches of the service:
· Army: Army, Army Reserve, Army National Guard
· Navy: Navy, Navy Reserve
· Marine Corps: Marine Corps, Marine Corps Reserve
· Air Force: Air Force, Air Force Reserve, Air Force National Guard
· Coast Guard: Coast Guard, Coast Guard Reserve
2. The request should be submitted in writing on letterhead or via email clearly
identifying the unit of service requesting the student recruitment
University of Nebraska Omaha
Office of the University Registrar
Eppley Administration Building 105
6101 University Drive North
Omaha, NE 68182-0287
- Mark Goldsberry
3. Requested information will be provided in excel or PDF format.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.