Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP)
Which states participate?
Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, or Wisconsin
Who is eligible to participate?
You must be a legal resident of Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, or Wisconsin. You must be enrolling as a non-resident student at a participating MSEP campus to receive the discount.
How much can I save?
Participating students will typically realize savings between $500 and $3,000 per semester.
Do UNO graduate college/programs participate in the MSEP?
Yes! The University of Nebraska at Omaha participates in the Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP), an interstate initiative established by the Midwestern Higher Education Commission to increase educational opportunities for students in its member states. This program enables residents from these 10 states to enroll in participating institutions at reduced tuition levels. Tuition for MSEP students attending participating public institutions is equal to no more than 150% of the regular in-state tuition rate. The cost to MSEP students is lower than regular non-resident tuition.
Eligibility Requirement & Guidelines for MSEP
- The student must be admitted to UNO in a degree program and have provided the required credentials necessary to determine academic qualification for the MSEP program.
- The student must be enrolled at least half-time graduate status (4 or more graduate credits/semester).
- The student must advise the UNO Graduate Studies Office that MSEP status is desired.
- The recent year's home state tax return must be provided confirming the student resides in an MSEP member state.
- The student must meet all academic performance levels required for the UNO Advantage Scholarship Program.
- Students are considered a non-resident for tuition purposes. The Student Account's Office makes the appropriate tuition adjustments to the MSEP rates after the student has registered for classes. In order to receive the continued benefits of the program, the student must maintain a 3.00 cumulative grade point average. MSEP participants cannot establish residency for the purposes of paying in-state tuition.
- UNO online/distance education courses/tuition: MSEP participants will be billed at the distance education non-resident tuition rate or 150% of the distance education resident rate, whichever is less.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.