Public Health is an emphasis on the role of healthcare in disaster situations including epidemics, pandemics, bio-terrorism and other public health issues. This concentration is available on-campus.
- HED 1500 Foundations in Public Health
- HED 4130 Community Health
- HED 4880 Health Policy
Six credit hours from the following:
- HED 4960 Public Health Education: Planning and Organization
- HED 4040 Epidemiology and Prevention of Disease (PE 2400 required prerequisite)
- HED 3310 General Safety Education
- HED 4950 Public Health Leadership and Advocacy
Within the Bachelor of Science in Emergency Management, students choose two concentrations. Several concentrations that pair well with Public Health include: Fire Service Management, Gerontology, Information Technology and Communication, Nonprofit Management, Private Sector Management and Public Administration and Management.
A minor in Public Health is also available; for more information, see the Emergency Management and Disaster Science Academic Advisor.