Join our world-class center for biomechanical research. A customized high quality and enriching post-doctoral training experience is guaranteed within our multicultural and multidisciplinary academic community. Individuals interested can contact one of our faculty listed below.
Our Faculty Mentors
- Dr. Nick Stergiou: Human movement variability, nonlinear dynamics, fractals and mathematical chaos in human movement, motor control, gait biomechanics, movement related pathologies
- Dr. Carolin Curtze: Functional mobility, fall prevention, new technologies
- Dr. Nate Hunt: Biosinspired robotics, cognitive/biomechanical modeling, animal biomechanics, human movement
- Dr. Brian Knarr: Gait rehabilitation, injury prevention, computer simulation, device development, secondary osteoarthritis after total knee arthroplasty, upper and lower limb rehabilitation after stroke
- Dr. Philippe Malcolm: Exoskeletons for walking, running footwear, sports biomechanics, biomechanics and energetics of gait with special focus on dynamic interaction with wearable devices and the environment, measurement techniques for energy expenditure, exoskeleton optimization, and footwear biomechanics
- Dr. Vivien Marmelat: optimal external stimulations preserving the fractal fluctuations of stride-time series, fractal-tempo RAS with patients suffering of movement disorders, potential relevance of fractal analysis to detect early changes in pathological movement dynamics.
- Dr. Mukul Mukherjee: Motor control and learning in healthy and neuropathological populations, rehabilitation robotics, effect of visual perception on locomotor adaptation
- Dr. Sara Myers: Human movement variability, gait biomechanics, rehabilitation, aging and cognition, movement related pathologies
- Dr. Kota Takahashi: Rehabilitation engineering, clinical gait analysis, muscle-tendon dynamics, biomechanics of wearable devices such as prosthetics, orthotics, and shoe wear.
- Dr. Jenna Yentes: Rehabilitation and functional outcomes in pathology, gait biomechanics, human movement variability, coupling of biological rhythms
- Dr. Jorge Zuniga: Development of low-cost 3D printed prosthetics Cyborg Beast, orthotic and assistive devices for children