Digital Communications Governance
This policy applies to all faculty and staff creating or updating official pages, websites, social presences, and other digital displays. This includes but is not limited to all websites on the UNOmaha.edu domain as well as:
- Other University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) websites
- Mobile Apps
- Mass Email and Texting
- Social Media
- Video and Television
- Digital displays on campus or those owned by the university
- Digital Marketing Analytics
All official pages, websites, social presences, and other digital displays representing the university must conform to the approved brand, design, logo standards, and digital communications governance processes to ensure consistency.
It is expected that all official UNO academic program information be on UNOmaha.edu and in the content management system. Other content that should be housed on UNOmaha.edu includes but is not limited to:
- Any content from an official UNO department
- News from the institution and colleges
- Public event information on campus or sponsored by UNO
- Staff directory and contact information
- Job postings
- Relevant campus information and policies for students, staff and or faculty
Reason for Policy
The University of Nebraska Omaha’s digital presence is the public face of the university. To best showcase UNO as a coordinated, forward-thinking force to be reckoned with, our digital presence must be consistent and easy to use. This consistency must extend throughout all subdomains and subsites of UNOmaha.edu as well as other official channels.
The Website Governance Policy established as part of the UNO Website Conversion process in 2012. In 2015, it was expanded to Digital Communications Governance Policy, and submitted to the UNO policy library in October 2017.