Digital Communications Governance
Get a list of digital communications services we offer.
The University of Nebraska Omaha's (UNO) digital presence is the public face of the university. As such, it should:
- Be audience-centered (student first) and have a consistent brand
- All communications channels should have a content strategy, be easily accessed, and secure
- Specific to the website, it should have an intuitive architecture and be optimized for search engines
To best showcase UNO as a coordinated, forward-thinking force to be reckoned with, our digital presence must be consistent and easy to use.
The purpose of the Digital Communications Governance is to empower university units to quickly create and publish engaging, accurate, consistent, and relevant digital content that supports the university’s mission.
UNO's digital communication will be directed and maintained by the following:
Digital Communications Executive Committee
- Sr. Vice Chancellor, Academic Affairs, Sacha Kopp (Chair)
- Interim Chief of Staff, Deb Smith-Howell
- Chief Information Officer, Information Technology Services, Bret Blackman
- Chief Communications & Marketing Officer, University Communications, Makayla McMorris
- Current Faculty Senate President
- Current Student Government President
- Current Staff Advisory Council President
- ITS and University Communications Teams
- Individual Unit Web Managers and Content Contributors
Request CMS Training
Your Web Lead/College Communicator must request Cascade Server Content Management System (CMS) training prior to beginning work on a website located within the CMS.
Digital Communications holds monthly Cascade training sessions.
All university community members are encouraged to submit feedback. Suggestions are welcomed for all levels of projects, from major initiatives to minor improvements:
Small change and maintenance requests can be submitted online through the Start Your Project form.