Fundamental Fiscal Responsibilities
- Use university resources for university purposes; never for personal gain or self benefit.
- Know and understand university policies and procedures.
- Ensure that expenditure of university resources comply with Board of Regents and university policies.
- Use Purchasing and Event (team travel) Cards in compliance with related policies.
- Ensure the integrity of the university financial records to assure accurate financial reporting.
- Ensure expenditures do not exceed resources allocated to your administrative unit.
- Handle all monies received in accordance with the university’s Cash Handling Policy.
- Account for change funds held by the department in accordance with the Change Fund Policy.
- Approve only expenses allowable under university guidelines.
- Support all transactions with proper and complete documentation.
- Review monthly reports by the end of the following month.
- Ensure transactions are properly posted to the appropriate cost object, within the purpose of the cost object and posted to the proper general ledger account.
- If applicable, ensure transactions are within the restrictions established by the related gift, grant, or contract.
Asset Management Responsibilities
- Safeguard physical assets to maintain their value and usefulness to the university.
- Track equipment in compliance with the university’s Property Policy.
- Maintain financial documentation in compliance with the Records Management Policies.
Reporting Fiscal Improprieties Responsibility
- Report immediately any fiscal improprieties (within your department or another department) to the Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance or the Manager of Operations Analysis.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.