Fundamental Fiscal Responsibilities
- Use university resources for university purposes; never for personal gain or self benefit.
- Know and understand university policies and procedures.
- Ensure that expenditure of university resources comply with Board of Regents and university policies.
- Use Purchasing and Event (team travel) Cards in compliance with related policies.
- Ensure the integrity of the university financial records to assure accurate financial reporting.
- Ensure expenditures do not exceed resources allocated to your administrative unit.
- Handle all monies received in accordance with the university’s Cash Handling Policy.
- Account for change funds held by the department in accordance with the Change Fund Policy.
- Approve only expenses allowable under university guidelines.
- Support all transactions with proper and complete documentation.
- Review monthly reports by the end of the following month.
- Ensure transactions are properly posted to the appropriate cost object, within the purpose of the cost object and posted to the proper general ledger account.
- If applicable, ensure transactions are within the restrictions established by the related gift, grant, or contract.
Asset Management Responsibilities
- Safeguard physical assets to maintain their value and usefulness to the university.
- Track equipment in compliance with the university’s Property Policy.
- Maintain financial documentation in compliance with the Records Management Policies.
Reporting Fiscal Improprieties Responsibility
- Report immediately any fiscal improprieties (within your department or another department) to the Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance or the Manager of Operations Analysis.