UNO Incentives Program
Available to New and Current UNO Students
Five new, limited-time programs, which make available thousands of dollars in potential cost-savings for students, include:
- Merit-based academic tuition assistance
- Incentives for new graduate students
- Reduced-costs for online courses
- A package supporting health care workers and their families
Current students: Contact Financial Aid for more information.
Faculty Scholarship and Maverick Scholarship
The Faculty and Maverick Scholarships are only available to Nebraska residents who are first-time freshmen students.
- Faculty Scholarship: Students who earn a 23-25 on their ACT and have a 3.5 GPA or higher are eligible for the $1,000 scholarship.
- Maverick Scholarship: Students who earned a 3.25 to 3.49 GPA and earned at least a 23 on their ACT are eligible for up to $5,500.
Jump Start Scholarship
The Jump Start Scholarship, a one-time award for the first enrolled term of a UNO graduate degree program, is available for the Summer 2020, Fall 2020, or Spring 2020 term to graduating UNO seniors.
The value of the scholarship is relative to the number of enrolled credit hours during the first admitted semester.
- 3-5 credit hours: $750
- 6-8 credit hours: $1,000
- 9+ credit hours: $1,500
Students eligible for the scholarship are also eligible for an application fee waiver ($50).
UNO seniors interested in taking advantage of the limited-time award can visit the Jump Start Scholarship page today to begin the application process.
Reduced Online Tuition for MAP Enrollees
Graduate and undergraduate students eligible for MAP at UNO must be residents of these Iowa counties:
UNMC/Nebraska Medicine Healthcare Heroes Package
Through the University of Nebraska Medical Center/Nebraska Medicine Healthcare Heroes package, UNMC and Nebraska Medicine employees and their families are eligible for a tuition scholarship up to $750 and a $250 per yearly contract housing voucher.