2014-2015 Student Insurance Policy (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
UNO Health Services provides state of the art medical services that are culturally sensitive and patient focused to the UNO community.
Begins Friday, August 15, 2014
A major medical Blue Cross Blue Shield student insurance policy is available to UNO undergraduate students enrolled in at least seven (7) credit hours or a degree-seeking graduate student. This reasonably priced policy is designed to provide benefits and for medical and dental expenses. Participation in this plan is only voluntary for domestic students.
Required to carry this, or a similar policy with the following requirements:
- • Must be able to pay for care in Nebraska
- • Deductible must be $500 or less
- • Unlimited major medical coverage including pre-existing conditions
- • Unlimited medical evacuation and repatriation
- • Coverage must be paid in full for the entire semester
- • Maximum out-of-pocket coverage is $2,500 or less
A waiver may be requested if you are a degree seeking student taking credit classes and currently covered by another policy. Each policy will be individually reviewed each semester before a waiver is granted.
To apply for a waiver you will need:
- • Paper copy of your proposed policy in English.
- • Proof of purchase for the entire coverage period. (Paying by the month is not acceptable coverage.)
- • All "F" and "J" students must have Medical Evacuation and Repatriation insurance, which can be purchased from the Health Services.
Waivers will not be accepted after the 14th day of class.
Waivers sent after this date will NOT be honored.
Waive out of Student Health Insurance Policy
If you would like to waive out of the Student Health Insurance Plan for Fall 2014, please click here to submit a waiver application or check your waiver status.
Students who are eligible to waive coverage under SHIP must submit a waiver application and all required documentation by the Waiver Deadline Date, September 16, 2014.
Students who are covered under a health insurance plan that does not meet all of the applicable requirements will not be allowed to waive out of SHIP.
Students can check the status of their waiver process by verifying that the premium has been credited to their UNO student account. You can check your UNO Student Account on MavLINK.
If students have questions after reviewing the insurance plan, they may contact:
Blue Cross Blue Shield
UNO Health Services