Student Insurance Policy (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
UNO Health Services provides state of the art medical services that are culturally sensitive and patient focused to the UNO community.
NOTE: ILUNO and IPD students on F or J visas who do not have insurance provided by a government sponsor by the first day of class will be required to purchase the UNO health insurance plan.
A major medical Blue Cross Blue Shield student insurance policy is available to UNO undergraduate students enrolled in at least seven (7) credit hours or a degree-seeking graduate student. This reasonably priced policy is designed to provide benefits for medical and dental expenses. Participation in this plan is voluntary for domestic students.
Required to carry this, or a similar insurance policy with the following requirements:
- Must be able to pay for care in Nebraska
- Deductible must be $500 or less
- Unlimited major medical coverage including pre-existing conditions
- Unlimited medical evacuation and repatriation coverage
- Coverage premium must be paid in full for the entire semester
- Maximum out-of-pocket coverage is $2,500 or less
All graduate assistants will receive the insurance information. GA's will be offered both a subsidized StudentBlue Plan and a Bronze Plan. Unless a GA returns the form accepting the Bronze Plan or declining all insurance, GAs will be automatically enrolled in the StudentBlue Plan that provides more extensive coverage for less cost. The cost will be added to your tuition and paid per semester as tuition is due. GA's should refer to their graduate packet for more information or call the Health Services office.
A waiver may be requested if you are a graduate assistant automatically enrolled, or covered by another policy. Each policy will be individually reviewed each semester before a waiver is granted.
To apply for a waiver international students will need:
- Paper copy of your proposed policy in English.
- Proof of purchase for the entire coverage period. (Paying by the month is not acceptable coverage.)
- All "F" and "J" students must have Medical Evacuation and Repatriation insurance, which can also be purchased from Health Services.
For all to waive out of the Student Blue Health Insurance Policy
Waivers will not be accepted after the 14th day of class.
Waivers sent after this date will NOT be honored.
If you would like to waive out of the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) for Fall 2015, please click here to submit a waiver application or check your waiver status. Then follow the steps below:
- Eligible students will see two links, one for waiving their insurance, and one for opting in.
- Click on the "Waive UNO Health Insurance" link on the MavLINK home page.
- On the confirmation page agree to the terms, and click "Submit."
- You will then be directed to the Ascension petition page to enter student information.
Students who are eligible to waive coverage under SHIP must submit a waiver application and all required documentation by the Waiver Deadline Date, September 11, 2015.
Students who are covered under a health insurance plan that does not meet all of the applicable requirements will not be allowed to waive out of SHIP.
Students can check the status of their waiver process by verifying that the premium has been credited to their UNO student account. You can check your UNO Student Account on MavLINK.
If students have questions after reviewing the insurance plan, they may contact:
Luanda Warren at Ascension
(800) 955.1991, ext. 7464
UNO Health Services