Conditional Undergraduate Admission
Students applying for undergraduate admission and are academically eligible for undergrad admission but are not meeting the English Proficiency requirement may be eligible for Conditional Admission. Full undergraduate admission will be granted upon successful completion of UNO's Intensive English Language Program (ILUNO) and with a qualifying TOEFL or IELTS score.
When will I be fully admitted to my Undergraduate Program?
- Successful completion of UNO's Intensive English Program with qualifying TEOFL/IELTS score.
- A minimum of two ILUNO sessions is required.
- Non-qualifying TOEFL or IELTS score within range may be eligible for full admission with ILUNO consideration and permission from the ILUNO Director.
- A change of status of the form I-20 will be made upon full undergraduate admission.
Issuing the form I-20
- Once a student is conditionally admitted, they will receive an email informing them of their admission and instructions on how to obtain their I-20 through the MavLINK portal.
- A shipping label must be purchased through UEMS. Once the shipping label is purchase the I-20 and official admission letters needed for the Visa appointment will be mailed to the address provided on the shipping label.
- The I-20 will only be issued for Non/Credit ESL admission up to one year.
- I-20's will be issued up to 30 days prior to the admitted session. If students have not completed the application or admission process 30 days prior to the session, their admission will be deferred to a future session.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.