UNO Chapter of Phi Kappa Phi
Phi Kappa Phi's mission is to "recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others." Graduate school admission committees and employers know that members of Phi Kappa Phi are serious about achieving success.
Phi Kappa Phi Eligibility
Membership is by invitation only. Eligibility guidelines for membership as stipulated in the chapter bylaws are:
- Students who have completed 72 semester hours (juniors) and rank in the top 7.5% of their class
- Students who have completed 90 semester hours (seniors) and rank in the top 10% of their class
- Graduate students who have completed 18 semester hours or the equivalent and rank in the top 10% of their class.
Phi Kappa Phi Initiation
Students who accept their invitation to join this honorary organization are initiated at an annual ceremony. All members receive a personalized certificate and an official Phi Kappa Phi pin at the initiation ceremony. Following the ceremony is a reception where initiates can meet fellow Phi Kappa Phi members.
2019-2020 UNO Chapter Officers:
- Phani Adidam, President Elect
- David Boocker, President
- Lynn Harland, Secretary
- Lucy Morrison, Grants and Scholarships
- Deborah Smith-Howell, Past President
- Charley Steed, Public Relations
- Christy Tilford, Treasurer
- Alexandra Chase, Student Vice President
- Camille Larson, Student Vice President
- Dalton Meister, Student Vice President
- Christopher Winchester, Student Vice President