Criss Library is open with services via MavCard access to UNO students, faculty, and staff only. To view our most current hours, visit the Hours and Spaces page. Face coverings are required via the UNO Face Covering Policy and the City of Omaha Mask Mandate. Computer labs with social distancing spacing are available. Book and tech check-out services will be available. Single study rooms are available for use, all group study rooms remain closed.
The first floor entrance is closed this semester. The main (2nd) floor entrance is the most accessible. There is an ADA accessible MavCard reader and door opener at the 2nd floor entrance. It is recommended to enter on the main (2nd) floor of the library. If you do enter at the first floor entrance, you’ll need to call 402.554.3206 and a library staff member will escort you into the building to access the elevator.
Preferred accessible parking is available for library patrons in the CEC lots D & E. At this time, the main (2nd) floor entrance is the most accessible. There is an ADA accessible MavCard reader and door opener at that entrance.
If you park in the south library lot (Lot M), park in the designated accessible stalls and follow the curved sidewalk along the southeast side of the library between the CEC and Criss Library to the 2nd floor main entrance to the library.
Important Services Available:
- InterLibrary Loan: Requests for electronic document delivery using e-journals will continue to be filled. Starting on July 6th, ILL will resume processing physical requests. Email email@example.com for assistance.
- Reference and research assistance will continue, including online chat and asynchronous requests, through Ask-a-Librarian and virtual research consultations.
- The UNO Libraries provide access to many resources that are especially helpful to online and distance education students.
- Access select Archives & Special Collections materials through Digital Collections, or make an appointment to visit the archives in person.
- Make an appointment to visit the Creative Production Lab. Stay up to date with the latest CPL services here.
- Visit UNO’s Keep Learning site if you need a laptop or internet access options
- Printing/Copying/Scanning is available via WEPA kiosks only.
- Sign up for a UNO Libraries account if you don't already have an account.
Contacting Library Staff
For questions regarding:
- Exhibit scheduling
- Book renewals
- Library business and finance (billing, invoices, payments)
- Other library services
For more information about including events and announcements in the Criss Library News Center, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless otherwise clearly stated, any views or opinions expressed as part of events, exhibitors, or presenters in the UNO Libraries (Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library and the KANEKO-UNO Library) should not be viewed as endorsements by the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) and do not reflect the official position of UNO or the University of Nebraska system.