Online Learning Services
UNO Libraries provide access to many resources that are especially helpful to online and distance education students, including:
- Over 200 databases, most containing articles published in thousands of research journals
- Over 500,000 electronic books, historical newspapers, and government documents
- Audio and video streaming services
- Materials put on e-reserve for your courses
- Subject-specific research guides and citation guides
- Phone or video research consultations available with subject librarians
You can also request physical or electronic materials be sent directly to you.
Interlibrary loan (ILL) allows you to obtain items not owned by UNO Libraries, including books, articles, and other materials.
ILL books take on average about 10 days to arrive and can be sent directly to you, you simply need to specify “Mail to Address” as your preferred delivery method when setting up your ILL account.
PDF article files typically take two to three days to arrive, but could take up to a week. Turnaround time depends on the material requested.
The ILL department will also scan chapters, journal articles, and other materials owned by the UNO Libraries and upload them to your ILL account. You can then download these materials as PDFs to your computer. You can make these document delivery requests the same way you make ILL requests.
Accessing online resources
To use any of these UNO Library resources, you must be a currently enrolled UNO student and have a library account. If you have trouble accessing your library account, please call 402.554.3206 for assistance.
Visit the Online Learning Resources Guide for more information on these resources.