Faculty Video Streaming
11 January 2021 Update: Due to the overwhelming demand for new digitization of media this semester, any new requests will most likely be delayed before being available for a course as a link. Unless your streaming request has already been turned into a link for a prior semester, new links may not be available at this time for at least 2-3 weeks. Please account for this potential delay in your course offerings.
We will continue to offer assistance for streaming services and digitization for the purposes of digital learning. Due to high demand, this service should expect lead times of up to 5 business days per disc required before being available as a streaming link. We will be able to update links from past digitization requests at this time.
Submit a request for digitization or to update a link on THIS REQUEST FORM.
Should you require a new disc to be digitized that is not part of the library collection, we ask that you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and set up a specific time or receive special instructions to drop off your media in addition to filling out your digital request form below.
Using the Faculty Video Streaming Service
The UNO Criss Library offers the streaming of VHS tapes and DVDs for UNO classes.* The service works as a more accessible alternative to the library reserve or in-class viewing.
Check some of our video streaming resources first, to see if your video is already available.
- If you don't find the video you want, use our REQUEST FORM to have a department or library copy digitized and streamed for you.
- Media accessed by InterLibrary Loan cannot be digitized.
- If we have previously digitized a specific media request for your class, please allow one (1) full business day for us to confirm, prepare, and send out a new link to the existing media for use.
- If your digitization and streaming request is of a new video we have not yet processed, or is on a Blu-ray disc, please allow three (3) business days PER DISC for processing prior to the streaming link being available for access.
- It should be clearly stated in your request how the video is pedagogically necessary to the class. Faculty will only need to submit the form and materials once during the academic year. However, instructors are responsible for submitting an updated syllabus if significant changes are made. Links will be automatically disabled at the end of each semester or academic calendar year.
- For previously digitized media, faculty must submit a new request for an active link on THIS REQUEST FORM prior to the start of the semester. Previously used links will show a 404 status unless an updated link is requested. The longest any link will remain active is 12 months from the start of the semester is was requested, and only if requested for Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters of the academic calendar year. Example: Links made active for this Fall semester will NOT be usable the following Fall semester unless a new request is made.
CPL Staff will email a hyperlink to the @uno contact you provide in the form prior to the start of the semester if requested early, or as soon as possible if the semester is currently active. Faculty are responsible for posting the provided link to your class Canvas for students to access. Students will need their NUID and password to access the video.
*Copyright restrictions may apply
^As copyright controls and media restrictions grow increasingly strict or technologically problematic, turnaround times for streaming accessibility may grow. Please account for this possibility when choosing to make a new streaming and digitization request for your class. Consider open-access or currently streaming alternatives to the digitization of videos as modern operating systems clamp down software access for media conversion.