Large Format Printing & Scanning
Large Format Printing
Prints made on our Epson Large Format printer must be larger than 11" x 17" and can be no larger than 43.5" x 72".
Cost to print on the large format printer is $1.50/square foot. A small amount of excess paper may be left that will incur cost and must be trimmed by the patron.
How Do I Submit a File for Large Format Printing?
- Make sure your file is in CMYK mode. This will be a better representation of how your colors will print.
- Set your DPI (dots per inch) to at least 300. This will keep your image from appearing too blurry or pixilated.
- Set your image to the exact size you need printed. Lab staff cannot resize your image.
- Save your file in one of these formats: PNG, BMP, TIFF, TGA, or PDF (high resolution format). JPG is not recommended as it is a compressed format and can result in a lower quality print.
- Send your file to email@example.com.
Allow at least one (1) business day for single poster printing. Prints for large events such as the Student Research and Creative Activity Fair or other events on campus must be submitted at least three (3) business days in advance of the date needed. Prints not picked up within one week of completion are subject to a fine on a the patron's library account.
The UNO Criss Library is in compliance with copyright laws. Printing is reserved for UNO students, faculty and staff only. We only process requests for academic projects and campus-related events.
Large Format Scanning
For scans larger than 12" x 18" and up to 44", we have a Contex IQ 4400 large format scanner .
For traditional flat bed scanning up to 12" x 18", we have an Epson Expression 10000XL scanner.
No reservation is necessary. Lab staff can assist, if needed.
Questions? Contact Lab Staff and we can help you with your project.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.