3D Printing & Scanning
|Lulzbot Taz 6||$.10/gram||280 mm (x) x
280 mm (y) x
250 mm (z)*
|Lulzbot Mini 2||$.10/gram||150 mm (x) x
150 mm (y) x
150 mm (z)
|ABS, PLA, NinjaFlex ($.15/gram)|
|LittleRP||$.20/mL*^||60 mm (x) x
40 mm (y) x
100 mm (z)
Submit requests as STL files. Prints take an average of 3-5 business days. Prints not picked up within 10 days of completion are subject to a fine on the patron's library account.
*Requests within these dimensions may need to be sized smaller due to time limitations.
*^To account for minimum resin material use to fill the flexvat reservoir for any project started, all LittleRP SLA prints will have a base cost of $1.00 per request in addition to the volumetric measurement of the object printed.
CPL Filament Stock
Available PLA Colors: Black, White, Neon Pink, Dark Blue, Gray/Silver, Natural/Clear
Available ABS Colors: Black, White, LulzGreen, Brown, Yellow
Available NinjaFlex Colors: Black, Blue
Available Specialty Filaments: Purple (PolylitePLA), Orange (PolylitePLA) BabyBlue (nGen), Taulman Bridge, White (PETG), White (Colorfabb HT)
Start Your 3D Project
Take note of our policies for 3D printing.
Choose the file you want to have printed. 3D models can be found here:
- Thingiverse: This site offers free 3D models available for download.
- Yeggi: This site is a compilation of 3D model sites. Many are free, but some require payment.
Want to create your own file?
Once You Have a File
|Request form for PLASTIC printing (STL file)|
|Request form for SLA MINI RESIN printing (STL file)|
Patrons can request an appointment to watch their 3D print or go through the 3D printing process with the lab staff.
Pick Up Your Completed 3D Print
Lab staff will contact you when the print is finished. 3D printed items can be picked up at the Circulation Desk in the library. Cash and MavCard are accepted.
|Basic, Easy-to-use; good for beginners|
|Offers more control,but still a good place for beginners.|
Complex. Allows for the most control and development
|A less user friendly version of Maya. For those who want
complex 3D modeling but do not have access to Maya.
|See 3D Printer Details|
Scanning an Object in 3D
Create a high detail 3D model of objects up to 12" tall by using our NextEngine 3D scanner.
- Set up an appointment to come in and prep the model to be scanned.
- Allow 2-3 business days for us to clean up the model.
- Request your files or a 3D printed version to take a mini figurine with you.
Questions? Contact lab staff and we can help you with your project.
The CPL is unable to take appointments for, or complete, large object or 3D full-body scans. We hope to again offer this in the future as part of our continued expansion of available technology.
The library's printers, and all other systems, may be used only for lawful purposes. Patrons will not be permitted to use the 3D printers to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the library environment.
- In violation of another's intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection.
- Patrons must comply with the University of Nebraska Memorandum 16: Policy for Responsible Use of University Computers and Information Systems.
- The library does not offer mass printing and may not be able to accommodate requests for larger objects.
- The library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
- Creative Production Lab services are not available for commissioned work and profit enterprises.
- Functionality, fitting, and finish will be the responsibility of the patron after the CPL presents a known-good, static object printed from a patron’s files. The UNO CPL hopes to be of any help in guiding patrons to that point.