Midwest Student Exchange Program
What is MSEP?
The Midwest Student Exchange Program, or MSEP, is a multi-state tuition reciprocity program. Through the MSEP, public institutions agree to charge students no more than 150% of the in-state resident tuition rate for specific programs; private institutions offer a 10% reduction on their tuition rates.
Which states participate?
Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, or Wisconsin.
Who is eligible to participate?
First year students must reside in one of the participating states and have a minimum ACT composite score of 21 or SAT total score of 990 (Critical Reading & Math) OR be in the upper third of their graduating class to qualify at the University of Nebraska Omaha.
Transfer students must reside in one of the participating states and have a minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average to qualify at the University of Nebraska Omaha. Graduate students must be admitted to a UNO Graduate degree program and have provided the required credentials necessary to determine academic qualification for the MSEP program.
- The student must be admitted to UNO in a degree program and have provided the required credentials necessary to determine academic qualification for the MSEP program.
- The student must advise the appropriate UNO Admissions Office (Undergraduate or Graduate) that MSEP status is desired by submitting the MSEP agreement form.
- The recent year's home state tax return must be provided confirming the student resides in an MSEP member state.
- To receive the continued benefits of the program, undergraduate students must maintain a 2.50 NE system cumulative grade point average and graduate students must maintain a 3.00 cumulative grade point average.
- Students are considered a non-resident for tuition purposes.
The Student Accounts Office makes the appropriate tuition adjustments to the MSEP rates after the student has registered for classes. The student's UNO tuition billing will reflect non-resident tuition charges with a waiver applied to reduce the total tuition amount to the 150% MSEP benefit. MSEP participants cannot establish residency for the purposes of paying in-state tuition.
Additional information concerning the MSEP is available from the Midwestern Higher Education Compact.
MSEP Cost per Credit Hour*
|On & Off-Campus/Offutt Courses||Resident||Non-Res||MSEP|
|Undergraduate - UNO **||$205.25||$642.50||$307.87|
|Graduate - UNO **||$255.75||$714.50||$383.62|
** Online/Distance Courses: The rates provided here are for on-campus courses only. For distance education tuition, MSEP participants will be billed at the distance education nonresident rate or 150% of the distance education resident rate, whichever is less.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.