As students prepare to graduate from UNO, there are several things they should know. Please review the following information, and be aware of all relevant deadlines for the semester that you intend to graduate.
STEP 1: Apply for graduation online
STEP 3: Complete requirements
Once you have reached the final semester in your degree and/or certificate program, you must apply to graduate. This is done through MavLINK. Please see the table below for information on deadline dates for current and future semesters.
|Last day for filing applications for degrees to be conferred||
July 8, 2022
|October 14, 2022||
March 11, 2022
|Last day to submit Comprehensive Exam results, all Incomplete and In Progress grades from previous terms, and final copies of theses, thesis-equivalent projects, EdS field projects and dissertations||July 28, 2022||December 1, 2022||April 28, 2022|
All candidates who have applied for graduation will receive an email from the Office of Graduate Studies detailing the deadlines for finishing all degree requirements.
Note: If you apply for graduation and will not complete all of the requirements for the degree by the published deadline, please notify the Office of Graduate Studies. You must reapply to graduate in a future term; no additional fee is charged.
The following requirements must be received and approved by the Office of Graduate Studies 12 working days prior to commencement:
- Comprehensive Examination results. (Contact individual departments/schools for procedures to take the exams.)
- All Incomplete and In Progress grades from previous terms must be completed and the grades submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Submit final copies of thesis, thesis-equivalent project, EdS field project and dissertations.
- Your graduation file must be in complete order with the exception of grades for current enrollments. Final responsibility rests with you, the graduate student, to check with your advisor and the Office of Graduate Studies to be sure all requirements are met.
NOTE: If the above items are not completed by this date, students will NOT be allowed to participate in the commencement ceremony.
Academic regalia is required for degree candidates to participate in the commencement ceremony.
Purchase your cap, gown, and hood from the UNO Bookstore.
For more information, contact the UNO Bookstore at 402.554.2336.
Once all of the above steps are completed, students and their families are welcome to attend Commencement.
For important information about the ceremony, please visit the Commencement website.
* UNO students have the opportunity to graduate in May, August, or December. Students are eligible to participate in commencement during the semester in which their degree will be conferred (students graduating in May are eligible to participate in the May commencement ceremony, students graduating in August are eligible to participate in the August commencement ceremony, and students graduating in December are eligible to participate in the December commencement ceremony). Participation in the commencement ceremony is not required in order to graduate from any degree program or to receive a diploma.
To ensure that you receive your diploma, please remember to complete the following:
- Pay all fees and fines, and satisfy all obligations to the university.
If you are currently enrolled in courses which are a part of your plan of study, you must maintain enrollment and successfully complete the course(s) in order to be eligible for graduation. Grades for all current enrollment must be received by the Office of the Registrar no later than the close of business on the 15th working day following the date of commencement, or 15 working days after the final day of the summer semester. Diplomas will be mailed after this deadline date.