What are my Advisor's Responsibilities?
- Be knowledgeable about the program's curriculum and graduation requirements.
- Assist students in defining/developing goals.
- Connect students to available campus resources.
- Discuss links between academic and career goals.
- Communicate UNO/CPACS/Aviation Institute policies and procedures.
- Accurately document students' progress toward graduation.
What are my Advisee Responsibilities?
- Schedule and keep appointments with your advisor.
- Be an active participant.
- Be prepared for your advising appointments.
- Clarify goals, interests and values.
- Accept responsibility for decisions.
- Check UNO email regularly.
- Ask questions.
When Should I See an Advisor?
The Aviation Institute has an open door policy. Your advisor is available by phone, email and in person to answer any questions. Your academic advisor is here to assist you with degree planning, course scheduling, as well as addressing any questions or concerns you have regarding your major/minor, academic performance, and/or policies and procedures.
The Aviation Institute Advisor can meet with your prior to applying to UNO. Once you have decided that UNO is right for you:
- Apply Online.
- Request official transcripts from all high school and colleges previously attended, and have them mailed directly to the UNO Admissions Office. These must be received before admission to the University can be finalized.
- Submit ACT or SAT scores. These scores are required from all students with fewer than 12 hours of college level course work.
- Register for placement tests via MavLink.
- Receive your Placement Exam results. If you do not receive results, contact the Testing Center in Kayser Hall Suite 522 or 402.554.4800
- Schedule an Orientation session via MavLink. All new/transfer students are required to attend an orientation session. You must attend your orientation session before seeing your Academic Advisor. Online orientation sessions are available.
- If you are a transfer student, make an appointment with your Academic Advisor. Contact Sara Martin at 402.554.2986 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
- Prepare for and meet with your Academic Advisor. Bring all placement exam results and your NU ID. Familiarize yourself with the UNO Catalog and schedule of classes for your selected major.