All employees of the University of Nebraska (UNO).
The conduct of official university business is essential to establish a legitimate use of university funds for the purchase of meals.
Reason for Policy
All meal reimbursement requests must include:
- Business Purpose and Agenda
- List of Participants
- University employees may not use university funds to purchase a meal for him/herself alone.
- The use of university funds to purchase meals for a group consisting solely of university personnel and conducting university business is not legitimate, unless the conduct of such university businesscould not be satisfactorily accomplished in any other way.
- The use of university funds to purchase meals when a university employee is hosting a guest of theuniversity may be justified. Justification for the use of university funds in such instances rest upon theconduct of official university business.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed. (This could be processed by foundation.)
- Meals with spouses in attendance requires a specific business reason for their attendance.