The conduct of official university business is essential to establish a legitimate use of university funds for the purchase of meals.
Reason for Policy
All meal reimbursement requests must include:
- Business Purpose and Agenda
- List of Participants
- University employees may not use university funds to purchase a meal for him/herself alone.
- The use of university funds to purchase meals for a group consisting solely of university personnel and conducting university business is not legitimate, unless the conduct of such university businesscould not be satisfactorily accomplished in any other way.
- The use of university funds to purchase meals when a university employee is hosting a guest of theuniversity may be justified. Justification for the use of university funds in such instances rest upon theconduct of official university business.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed. (This could be processed by foundation.)
- Meals with spouses in attendance requires a specific business reason for their attendance.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.