The University Committee for the Advancement of Teaching (UCAT) oversees the application and review process for a number of faculty grants.2017-2018 UCAT Themes
- Curriculum Development and Assessment
- Instructional Technology
- Interdisciplinary Integration
- Promoting Critical Thinking Pedagogy
- Student Mentoring, Advising, and Research
- Travel Grants
- Speaker Grants
- Designated Professional Development Grants
- Curriculum Development Grants
- Course Redesign Grants
- Instructional Materials Grants
- UCAT Committee
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Assessment of pedagogical strengths and weaknesses is an important aspect of improving your teaching.Teaching Analysis By Students (TABS)
Maximizing Student Engagement and Collaborative Learning
Attendees of Dr. Elizabeth Barkley's October 25, 2017 presentation at UNO will share how they have utilized ideas from the event to improve their instruction and/or teaching processes at UNO. Ways to incorporate the information from Dr. Barkley's presentation into their classes will also be discussed.
Tuesday, February 27, 2018 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. - MBSC Umoho Room
- Kristin Girten, Associate Professor, English
- Martina Saltamacchia, Assistant Professor, History
- Heidi Blackburn, Assistant Professor, Criss Library (Link to Heidi Blackburn presentation)
Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. - MBSC Umoho Room
- Jody Neathery-Castro, Chairperson, Political Science
- Kari Nelson, Instructor, Biology
- Danielle Battisti, Assistant Professor, History
More information and links to resources on using mindfulness techniques with digital technologies are available.
The list below provides an overview of various student support resources available on campus.
- Writing Center
- Math Lab
- Speech Center
- Testing Center
- Counseling Center
- Accessibility Services Center
- Student Conduct & Community Standards
- Gender & Sexuality Resource Center
- Equity, Access & Diversity
- Computer Science Learning Center (CSLC)
We strive to provide UNO faculty with resources that will assist in classroom development, teaching innovation, and professional engagement. Among our resources you will find useful samples, suggested teaching techniques, videos, links to articles, and other useful web resources.
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Civil, Safe, and Inclusive Classrooms
- Difficult Conversations
- Plagiarism Statement
- Syllabus Best Practices
College classrooms are serving an increasingly diverse group of students. The Universal Design Framework guides instructors how to design instructional goals, curriculum, assessment, and materials to meet the needs of all students.
Learn more about Universal Design for Learning.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.