Welcome to the Maverick Family!
The University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) is where you can fulfill your personal aspirations and career goals. Omaha offers a diverse and friendly culture with big-city advantages. Our beautiful residential campus combines the resources of a research university with a close-knit community. We welcome everyone to celebrate their ambitions here, work hard and go far.
We look forward to having you join us on campus!
- Access Your MavLINK Account
- Pay your Enrollment Deposit
- Complete Admissions-Related Tasks
- Apply For On-Campus Housing
- Apply For Financial Aid
- Schedule Placement Exams
- Register for Orientation
- Get Ready
To establish your MavLINK Account you will need your NU ID number, which can be found on your admission letter. With this information you can set up your MavLINK account by visiting TrueYou. After establishing your MavLINK account, you will be able to access various online services across campus by logging into MavLINK. You can use MavLINK to:
- Review your 'To Do List' for outstanding items required before enrollment
- Register for Orientation and classes
- Check Financial Aid awards
- View grades and current class schedules
- Pay tuition and more!
Congratulations on your admission to the University of Nebraska at Omaha! Now that you have been admitted to UNO, accepting your admission is easy. Students are required to pay the $100 Enrollment Deposit by logging into MavLINK.
- Submit Final transcripts to UNO. Refer to Step 3 in the Admissions Process section.
- Upload your health forms to your MavLINK account. Students must provide documentation of immunizations before registering for an orientation session or meeting with an academic advisor. Immunizations records are not required for individuals born prior to January 1, 1957.
- Your offer of admission is valid only for the term for which you applied. If you plan to enroll for a different term, you must submit a new UNO Application for Undergraduate Admission.
- If you applied for the Fall term and would like to start in the summer instead, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at 402.554.2393 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to change your Undergraduate Major or Program, please email email@example.com.
Students interested in on-campus housing will be need to submit a housing application, and are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Housing applications are currently being accepted for:
- Maverick Village
- University Village
- Scott Village
- Scott Court
- Scott Hall
For additional information about housing visit UNO's Housing & Residential Life.
Apply for Federal Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA. The priority deadline is April 1 for consideration for all sources of funds. More information is available from the Office of Financial Support and Scholarships. After a student has completed the FAFSA, all pertinent correspondence will occur through MavLINK. Check MavLINK frequently for ongoing important messages regarding your financial aid award status.
Shortly following admission, First Year and Transfer students receive information from the Testing Center about English, Math, Chemistry, French and Spanish placement exams.
- Math placement is determined by your ACT math subscore or results on the Compass Math Test. Not sure if you need to take a placement exam?
- Students with transfer credit may have already satisfied their testing requirements and should check with an Academic advisor concerning the need to take placement exams.
- Additional information on testing and registration for placement exams is available online at the Testing Center or by calling 402.554.4800.
You and your family will learn about resources at UNO, what it means to be a Maverick, and tips for handling the transition to UNO. You will also activate your gMAV email account at Orientation.
- First-Year students are required to attend Orientation. You will meet with your academic advisor and register for your first semester of classes via MavLINK. It's important that you remember to bring your NU ID and password with you.
- Transfer students are also required to attend a Transfer Student Orientation. After you have scheduled your Orientation, you should make an appointment with an academic advisor from the academic program you were admitted. Advising should be scheduled following orientation attendance. Bring unofficial copies of transcripts from your previous institutions.
Orientation sessions fill up quickly and space is limited. Students are recommended to attend Orientation as early as possible to get the best selection of classes and times. New Student and Family Programs has additional family resources.
As you prepare, here are some resources we thought would be helpful for you.