UNO has a mass email policy. Please reference this and contact University Communications if you have additional questions.
If you are considering email marketing, please Start Your Project with University Communications for best practices, and tools that can be used.
An all-campus email is a mass email that reaches the entire UNO community. The purpose of this document is to instruct users on appropriate use of all-campus emails in order to:
- Reduce recipient complaints and confusion
- Reinforce network security best practices
- Effectively and efficiently use campus resources
Our policy is to ensure there is no abuse of the all-campus listserve options by sending only relevant, necessary, high-quality information through this channel.UNO Announce
UNO recognizes the need to inform the campus community of official university news. UNO Announce is a listserve used to provide timely university news. UNO Announce may be used to address or recommend campus activity that applies to all.
- United Way campaign information
- Parking pass renewal
- Strategic Planning Forum information
- Athletic postseason event information
Announcements that do not meet these criteria should be communicated through other channels.
When possible, three (3) business days notice is required for all-campus UNO Announce emails.
Announcements are limited to once a month through UNO Announce with the exception of a request approved by the Chancellor’s Office in consultation with University Communications.
Students, faculty, and staff may choose to opt out of these emails by following a link in the footer and completing the necessary steps.
UNO Announce Request Protocol
For an all-campus UNO Announce email to be considered, please notify the internal communications coordinator of your anticipated email need. The coordinator will contact the executive director of University Communications for approval. If the executive director is unavailable, the director of digital communications or director of editorial and media relations may give approval.
Emails will follow the format approved by University Communications internal communications coordinator. The email cannot include file attachments.
The following positions are authorized to request an all-campus UNO Announce email:
- Chancellor of the university
- Vice chancellors
- Executive director of University Communications
- Incident Command System (Emergency Operations)
UNO Alert will be the listserve used for emergency situations that:
- Affect normal business operations
- Could harm students, faculty, or staff; damage university property
- Come under close scrutiny by the media and the public, thereby damaging the university’s reputation
These emails will be delivered immediately and there is no limit to how many can be sent.
The following positions are authorized to request an all-campus UNO Alert email:
- Incident Command System (ICS) Communications Team
The following positions are authorized to send an all-campus UNO Alert email:
- Incident Command System Communications Team
- University Communications as directed by the ICS Communications Team