Advising & Student Resources
Preparing future leaders for careers in aging.
Contact information for Gerontology department advisors can be found on the right side of this page.
Current students may request an appointment with their advisor by using MavTRACK.
Based on your educational needs and goals, advisors are prepared to help you lay out a course plan that will lead you to meet those goals. At a minimum, you should meet with your advisor once each semester to review your course plan and to make any necessary changes.
Additionally, your advisor is available to answer questions you may have about degree requirements, adding or dropping courses, transfer credits, course substitutions, and more.
All scholarships are managed by a general application through UNO. Please visit UNO Financial Support & Scholarships to learn more about applying for scholarships.
- Nursing Home Administrator: different types of licenses issued in Nebraska
- Application Information Nursing Home Administrator
- Administrator-in-Training OR Mentoring Training Program application
Explore Careers in Aging
- Careers in Aging Flyer
- Local Employers
- Exploring Careers in Aging (American Psychological Association)
- 101 Careers in Aging
- Careers in Aging (Association for Gerontology in Higher Education)
- National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards
- The Gerontological Society of America
- Association for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE)