BS in MIS Degree
Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems
The student will learn how the computer can be applied to produce information both for controlling the day-to-day operations of a business and for planning for the future of that business.
Information systems and quantitative analysis produces the educational background appropriate for pursuing career opportunities including:
- Business data management
- Management information systems
- Information centers
- Systems analysis
- Systems design
- Decision support
- Information security
- Electronic commerce
General Education Requirements
See UNO’s general education website for a list of categories and approved courses.
Management Information Systems (BS MIS) Major Requirements
See the Academic Catalog for more information on the Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems.
- 15 hours of IS&T core courses
- 24 hours of Management Information Systems core courses
- 6 hours of mathematics courses
- 15 hours of co-requisite business courses
- 12 hours of specialization elective courses