Online Application Procedures
Note: Unofficial transcripts can be emailed for the purpose of an admission decision. Official transcripts will be required if admitted.
Step 1: Take Entrance exams and Check Requirements
- Take the GRE exam. For the GRE you must score at least a 144 verbal and 148 quantitative.
- Take the TOEFL or IELTS exam (see required scores here).
- Have the equivalent of a four-year undergraduate degree.
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
Step 2: Apply for Admission
- Application Deadlines:
- Fall: July 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: April 1
- Gather all the necessary documents:
- Up to 3 letters of recommendation (optional)
- Writing sample
- Send your entrance exam scores through ETS site.
- Complete the application form.
- Pay the $45 application fee.
- Send any documents not uploaded in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Look for an e-mail from TrueYou with your NUID number and MavLINK password after applying.
- Keep checking the status of your application in MavLINK.
- If you are admitted, send official documents.
- Send questions about your application to IS&T advisors at email@example.com.
Step 3: Apply for Scholarship
- After admission, log into MavLINK and complete the scholarship application form, found under the ‘Financial Aid’ section on the left.
- Look for private scholarships.
- E-mail questions to UNO’s Financial Support & Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 4: Apply for Visa
- Get your educational, professional (if needed) and financial documents ready.
- Complete the SEVIS form with the details mentioned in your I-20 sent from UNO.
- Schedule your visa interview.
- Prepare for, and attend, your interview.
- E-mail questions to UNO Graduate Admissions at email@example.com.
Step 5: Prepare and Travel to US
- Get any required immunizations.
- Know all your required immigration documents.
- Look for an apartment in Omaha.
- If living on campus, contact UNO Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book your travel to Omaha
- Check things like baggage allowance.
- E-mail questions about the program and getting started to email@example.com.