Unconditional admission may be granted to an applicant whose record includes at least the following:
- 2.85 junior/senior GPA
- 500 GMAT (minimum 20th percentile in both verbal and quantitative) OR 299 GRE (minimum 20th percentile in both verbal and quantitative) see waiver policy
- International students: minimum TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based) or 6.5 on the IELTS.
For more information about international admissions, visit UNO International Graduate Admissions.
Applicants qualify for a GMAT/GRE waiver if they meet one of the following requirements:
- Selected Professional Certification from the list on Certopedia or equivalent certification lists that include a qualifying exam and Continuing Education requirements
- Confirmed Professional Engineer license
- Graduate degree possession from any AACSB accredited College or University
- Admission to any domestic or international dual-degree program approved by UNO College of Business Administration, including a 3.33 cumulative GPA
- Bachelor’s degree from AACSB accredited College or University, with a 3.33 cumulative GPA
- Bachelor’s degree from non-AACSB accredited Colleges or Universities, with a 3.33 cumulative GPA, will be evaluated individually for a GMAT waiver
Applicants qualifying for Unconditional Admission based on the standards outlined above but lacking some foundation courses will be granted provisional status until all foundation courses are completed with a B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or above.
A student must have completed basic courses in the following areas either as an undergraduate or prior to enrolling in the first MBA course:
Principles of Accounting I
Principles of Accounting II
OR BSAD 8110: Accounting &
Principles of Economics-Micro
Principles of Economics-Macro
OR ECON 1200: Intro to the U.S.
|Principles of Business Statistics||BSAD 2130||OR One semester of Statistics|
|College Algebra||MATH 1220|
|English Composition I||ENGL 1150||Required of all International Students|
The foundation courses cannot be used to meet the 33 semester-hour requirement for the MBA degree. Courses as verified on an official transcript with a minimum C grade (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) are considered as sufficient preparation. Otherwise, the student must complete the foundation requirements with a grade of B or above.