ISSUED: (Tuesday, January 22, 2019 5:00 AM)
UNIVERSITY CLOSURE INFORMATION
All on-campus classes and activities for January 22, 2019 have been canceled. Online classes will continue as scheduled as they are delivered digitally and can be accessed without travel to the UNO campus.More Information CLOSEX
Visitor Use Policies
The goal of our preserve system is to protect wildlife and their habitat for the enjoyment of present and future generations. To that end, and based on past experience, we have developed the following rules governing use of our preserves:
- Commercial photography is not allowed.
- Pets are prohibited, whether on or off-leash (exceptions for registered service dogs)
- Collecting or disturbing plants, animals, or other material is not allowed (see exceptions below).
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- No camping or open fires are allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the preserve.
- Note that UNO is designated as a smoke-free campus.
Also, please note the following:
- The preserves are open to the public from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset throughout the year.
- Do not disturb or remove any flags, stakes, equipment or markers since they are used to mark ongoing research.
- Do not disturb or remove any plants, animals, or other material. Permission to collect specimens for classroom or research activities, however, may be approved by the Preserves Director.
- Do not introduce any plants or release any animals at preserves.
- Motorized vehicles of any kind are prohibited beyond the parking area (Glacier Creek) or parking lot (T.L. Davis Preserve). Exceptions include service and authorized research vehicles.
- At Glacier Creek Preserve we only maintain internal roads for fire-control roads, which may also be used for hiking. You are also free to venture off-track. When doing so, please avoid the long-term research plots as well as any areas throughout the Preserves that are marked with colored flags or flagging.
- Be respectful of other visitors. Our preserves are places where natural sights and sounds should prevail.
- At T.L. Davis Preserve, where parking spaces are limited, please do not block neighboring driveways. See the T.L. Davis Preserve page for more details.
- Please help us keep the preserves clean for the next visitor by not littering. Take all trash away with you.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.