Get a Head Start to Your Career
Students interested in the internship or organizations interested in offering internship opportunities through the Department of English, can contact the Interim Internship Director, Dr. Joan Latchaw.
Apply for an Internship through the Department of English
Please review the dates below for internship application deadlines, then download and complete the appropriate application. Please return your completed application to the Interim Internship Director, Dr. Joan Latchaw.
|Deadlines for Internship Applications|
Why should you participate in the English Internship Program?
Besides getting a foot in the door with a potential employer and looking good on a résumé, internships have other advantages:
- The opportunity to "test drive" a career (Would I be happier in marketing or advertising? Am I more comfortable working with patients or in a lab?)
- Chances to network
- Establishing relationships with mentors
- Possible college credit or certification
- An introduction to the field's culture and etiquette (Are clients addressed by their first name? Are jeans appropriate for Casual Friday?)
- Accumulating new skills
- Gaining a "real world" perspective on an occupation (How much overtime do employees really work? How much time is spent behind a desk versus in the field?)
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.