With a square footage of 240,000 the HPER building houses the School of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation as well as the Wellness Center that includes the Counseling Center, Health Services, and Campus Recreation. Some of the HPER building amenities include:
- Climbing Wall
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Dance Lab
- 2 Double Gymnasiums (East & West)
- Elevated Jogging Track
- Fitness Areas (North & South)
- Golf & Archery Lab
- Health Services
- Indoor Spa
- Men's & Women's Locker Room
- Injury Prevention & Care (IPC)
- MAC Court
- Massage Room
- MavRec Cafe
- Multipurpose Rooms
- Outdoor Venture Center (OVC)
- Spinning Room
- Racquetball/Squash Courts
Located on the Center Street Campus (68th & Spring St.) the Indoor Dome has more than 43,000 square feet of field turf and is available for rent and open recreation hours.
In Season Dome Rates (Nov. 1 - Mar. 31)
|Full Dome||1/2 Dome|
|11 - 50 Hours||$210/Hour||$105/Hour|
|51 - 100 Hours||$200/Hour||$100/Hour|
|101 - 150 Hours||$190/Hour||$95/Hour|
|151 - 200 Hours||$180/Hour||$90/Hour|
Off Season Dome Rates (Apr. 1 - Oct. 31)
|Full Dome||1/2 Dome|
|11 - 50 Hours||$140/Hour||$70/Hour|
|51 - 100 Hours||$130/Hour||$65/Hour|
|101 - 150 Hours||$120/Hour||$60/Hour|
|151 - 200 Hours||$110/Hour||$55/Hour|
Outdoor Field Rate
$55/Hour plus cost of lining fields if applicable (cost to be determined).
The sliding rate scale is determined by the total number of hours contracted annually by the renter. Year begins April 1 - October 31.
UNO students, faculty, and staff can request a room in HPER by filling out the online request form. Please give at least one (1) day notice for your request to be processed.
In an effort to better serve our campus population and the Omaha community as a whole, many of the UNO Campus Recreation facilities are available to rent. In accordance with our mission and goals we offer a tiered fee base in order to best serve our primary audiences. UNO Organization may reserve space at no charge if all participants are UNO students, faculty and staff. If non-UNO participants will be attending the event, a rental fee will apply.
Rental Rates (per court/room)
UNO Hourly Rate
Community Hourly Rate
$25 set up and clean up fee may apply.
*Tables and chairs are available upon request at additional charge.
Locker rooms feature showers, restrooms, rental lockers, sauna and steam rooms. Available to students, faculty/staff and Campus Recreation members. Separate areas are designated for faculty/staff and students. Inclusive locker room is also available.
UNO Student or Campus Rec Member Locker Rates
Faculty & Staff Locker Rates
Everyone must pay a $10 locker deposit (refunded upon lock return)
Visit the reception desk to rent all the equipment you need to enjoy yourself at the Wellness Center. The equipment is FREE to check out with a valid Mav Card. All equipment must be returned by closing time on the day of checkout. Items available for checkout include:
- Racquetball racquets/balls
- Wally balls
- Sparring Gloves
- Ping pong paddles/balls
- Soccer balls
- Playground and nerf balls
- Squash racquets/balls
- Kick balls
- Medicine balls
- Whiffle balls/bats
- Badminton racquets
- Resistance bands
- Jump ropes
- Weight balls
- Tennis racquets/balls
|Half of the Pool (25 yards)*||$48/Hour|
|Whole Pool (2x25 yards or 50 meter)*||$150/Hour|
|Meet Set-Up/Tear-Down Fee||$100|
|Additional Rooms in HPER (Non-Members)||$40/Hour|
* Includes a minimum of 2 lifeguards (larger events will have 3 lifeguards) and use of the Wet Classroom (129 HPER)
If you are attending a Wellness Center program on campus Monday — Friday, you will need to obtain a parking pass to avoid receiving a ticket.
- Day Pass — The Wellness Center will provide participants with a ONE DAY permit, allowing you to park on campus SURFACE LOTS for single day activities and programs.
- Pay to Park — All levels of the East Parking Structure (Parking Structure 1) can be accessed after 1:00 P.M., Monday — Friday for $2.
- Purchase a Permit from UNO Parking Services — This option would be good for anyone who is regularly on campus because of UNO classes or regular visits. Passes are available for one week to one year long.
- Parking at Baxter Arena — Parking is available at Baxter Arena in the west lot. Shuttles drop-off and pick-up approximately every fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Shuttle Service — Operates between the Dodge, Pacific, and Center Street campus with multiple stops. Shuttles drop-off and pick-up approximately every fifteen to twenty minutes.
For more information on UNO Parking Services and to view parking maps on campus, please click here or call 402.554.PARK (7275).