The Grace Abbott School of Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education through 2021. Accreditation is reaffirmed on a seven year cycle.
In our social work courses, students learn the knowledge, values, skills, cognitive and affective processes, and behaviors for social work practice. These nine competencies are provided to us through our accrediting body, the Council on Social Work Education:
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior.
- Engage diversity and difference in practice.
- Advance human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice.
- Engage in practice-informed research and research-informed practice.
- Engage in policy practice.
- Engage with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Assess individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Intervene with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Evaluate practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
HumanServicesEDU.org recognizes the Grace Abbott School of Social Work MSW program for its exceptional value and quality, naming it one of the best and most affordable CSWE-accredited programs in the nation.
In a field that’s all about advocacy and helping people be their best, HumanServicesEDU.org believes that anybody with the dedication it takes to become a social worker deserves all the support they can get. The editorial staff at HumanServicesEDU.org brings that same level of dedication to evaluating the MSW programs that prepare future social workers, looking for exemplary programs to recommend on the basis of quality and value.
A program that stands out for either offering an affordable tuition rate or an amazing student experience is rare, but one that checks both of those boxes is truly exceptional. That’s exactly what we found with the University of Nebraska at Omaha Grace Abbott School of Social Work. Offering one of the lowest overall tuition rates in the country has earned the Grace Abbott MSW a place among the Most Affordable CSWE-Accredited Master's Programs in the Nation, and being able to do it while providing a learning experience that inspires grad students to bring their A-game to professional practice makes it one of our Top Picks for the Best CSWE-Accredited MSW Programs for 2019-20!
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.