OBJECTIVES OF THE INTEGRATED UNDERGRADUATE-GRADUATE (IUG) IN MIS TRACK
The primary purpose of UNO's College of IS&T's integrated undergraduate/graduate (IUG) track in MIS is to provide outstanding undergraduate students in the College of IS&T an option to complete the BS undergraduate degree in MIS and the MS graduate degree MIS in five years (147 total hours). The IUG program is designed for dedicated students who are motivated and willing to take on early the challenges relating to graduate education. As such, the program involves both intensive study and preparation in the MIS field.
IUG MIS Program of Study
The IUG track is a 144-hour undergraduate-graduate option that allows eligible students to work towards MS in MIS degree requirements while completing their undergraduate degree. Students interested in this option will work closely with an advisor and a faculty mentor to develop an integrated plan of study.
- Time of admission to the program: Students will be eligible for admission to the integrated degree program when they have completed their Junior year in MIS. Students can apply for consideration in the last part of their Junior year. Students will start taking courses in the graduate program in their senior year.
- Joint admission: Students must apply to and meet admission requirements of the MS in MIS graduate program.
- Plan of study: In consultation with an advisor and a faculty mentor, students will be required to prepare a plan of study. The plan will cover the entire time period of the program and it will be periodically reviewed with an advisor.
- Advising: Students will present their portfolio (see below for details) and a plan of study in person to the integrated program committee prior to being admitted to the program.
- Tuition charges: Students will be required to pay graduate tuition rates when taking graduate courses.
Admission Requirements and Procedures
- Students with Junior standing and at least 85-90 hours of completed coursework in their undergraduate degree program may apply for admission consideration into the integrated undergraduate/graduate (IUG) track.
- Interested students will be required to present a "portfolio" of the following credentials. Whenever possible, candidate students will be required to present their "portfolio" in a presentation to the IUG Selection Committee.
- One to three letters of recommendations, preferably from faculty.
- Statement of intent - a personal statement about why the student wishes to apply for the IUG track.
- Undergraduate transcripts.
- Other supporting documents (e.g., projects and papers, software, work experience, etc.) should be included where possible.
- Students are highly encouraged to identify and work with a faculty mentor who knows their background and can champion their application to the IUG track.
- All applicants will need to meet any other admission requirements established for the MS in MIS program.
- The application to the IUG track will be considered as a complete package and therefore obtaining a high undergraduate GPA and/or GMAT/GRE is not a guarantee of admission.
- Students are allowed to use up to 12 hours of ISQA 8xx5 or ISQA 8xx6 courses towards the undergraduate degree.
|ENGL 1150||3 hours||ENGL 1160||3 hours|
|CIST 1100||3 hours||Humanities/US Div||3 hours|
|CIST 1300||3 hours||CIST 1400||3 hours|
|MATH 1930||3 hours||CIST 2100/SS||3 hours|
|IASC 1100||3 hours||Elective||3 hours|
|15 hours||15 hours|
|MATH 2030||3 hours||CIST 2500||3 hours|
|CSCI 1620||3 hours||ISQA 3310||3 hours|
|CIST 3000||3 hours||ECON 2200/SS||3 hours|
|ACCT 2010||3 hours||ACCT 2020||3 hours|
|Elective||3 hours||Elective||3 hours|
|15 hours||15 hours|
|ECON 2220/SS||3 hours||ISQA 3910||3 hours|
|ISQA Elective||3 hours||Bus Co-Req||3 hours|
|ISQA 3420/G Div||3 hours||ISQA 3400||3 hours|
|CIST 3110/Hum||3 hours||Grad Elective||3 hours|
|Elective||3 hours||Nat Science||4 hours|
|15 hours||16 hours|
|ISQA 4110||3 hours||ISQA 4120||3 hours|
|Grad Elective||3 hours||ISQA 8310||3 hours|
|Grad Elective||3 hours||Elective||3 hours|
|Natural Sci||3 hours||Elective||3 hours|
|Humanities||3 hours||Elective||3 hours|
|15 hours||15 hours|
|ISQA 8410||3 hours||ISQA 8210||3 hours||ISQA 8950||3 hours|
|ISQA 8380||3 hours||ISQA 8220||3 hours||Grad Elective||3 hours|
|ISQA 8420||3 hours|
|Grad Elective||3 hours|
|6 hours||12 hours||6 hours|
|Undergraduate & Graduate Total:||144 hours|
A minimum of 120 undergraduate credit hours required for BIS degree (Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems).
* Select one course from the following: MKT 3310, MGMT 3510 or FNB 3250.
The following courses are recommended specialization elective courses, cross-listed between the graduate and undergraduate catalog:
- ISQA 8106/4100 - Information Systems Architecture and Organization
- ISQA 8736/4730 - Decision Support Systems
- ISQA 8196/4190 - Process Re-engineering with Information Technology