Steven L. Williams
Steven L. Williams
- Unit Coordinator, Theatre
- WFAB 308
Steven L. Williams is the Theatre Coordinator at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. Steven is a freelance scenic, lighting, and graphic designer who has designed over one hundred fifty productions with such notable theatre companies as the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival, the Nebraska Shakespeare Festival, Omaha Community Playhouse, The Rose Theatre, Theatre Aspen, Heritage Repertory Theatre, Indiana University, Brown County Playhouse, and Mcleod Summer Playhouse. Since 1998, Steven has designed scenery for Thorn Productions, which produces The Thorn, one of the largest touring church productions in the country. Steven served as Production Designer and Theatre Consultant for a filmed production of The Thorn, which will be globally distributed.
Steven was recognized by the Omaha Theatre Arts Guild for Outstanding Scenic Design for A Streetcar Named Desire, and Outstanding Lighting Design for Dark Play, Or Stories For Boys. His designs for Dark Play were also recognized by the Omaha Arts and Entertainment Awards committee. He recently designed a police investigation/training facility for child abuse and neglect cases in partnership with Project Harmony. Steven is in his twenty-sixth year with UNO.
Research and Creative Activity Interests
Advanced Technology in Theatre, Automated Lighting, Digital Rendering and Modeling, the impact of theatre and design in non-theatrical venues
BFA, Eastern New Mexico University, 1992
MFA, Indiana University, 1995
- Omaha Theatre Arts Guild - Outstanding Scenic Design: A Streetcar Named Desire
- Omaha Theatre Arts Guild - Outstanding Lighting Design: Dark Play, Or Stories For Boys.
- Omaha Arts and Entertainment Awards – Outstanding Lighting Design: Dark Play, Or Stories For Boys.
- United States Institute of Theatre Technologies – Young Designers Forum: Invited Participant
Recent Activity (Selected Highlights)
- Tour Coordinator, Little Wars (a UNO Theatre devised production), International Collegiate Theatre Festival at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- Meritorious Achievement Awards, Kennedy Center / American College Theatre Festival, Outstanding Scenic and Lighting Design, The Clearing, UNO Theatre
- Lighting and Scenic Designer, A Raisin in the Sun, Omaha Community Playhouse.
- Scenic Designer, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Nebraska Shakespeare Festival.
- Scenic Designer, Shakespeare In Love, Nebraska Shakespeare Festival.
- Lighting Designer - EPIC, Great Plains Theatre Conference.
- Lighting Supervisor/Advisor - Tuck Everlasting, Skutt High School.
- Lighting and Scenic Designer, Indecent, BLUEBARN Theatre. Omaha Entertainment Award Nomination: Outstanding Scenic Design.
- Scenic Designer, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime, Omaha Community Playhouse. Omaha Entertainment Award Nomination: Outstanding Scenic Design.