Before you attend an in-person orientation session:
- Pay your enrollment deposit.
- Submit your immunization records to Health Services. This is required in order to register for orientation.
- Complete placement exams, if necessary.To schedule a placement exam visit the UNO Testing Center. Unsure of which exams you need to take? Check your MavLINK account to see what placement exams you may need to take by checking your to-do list items listed on the home page.
- Submit your official ACT scores to Undergraduate Admissions.
- Send high school/college transcripts to Undergraduate Admissions.
What to bring to an in-person orientation session:
- NUID and password for MavLINK
- Current photo ID
- Cash or credit card, if you choose to purchase MavGEAR from the Bookstore or snacks at the cafe
- Additional layers for air-conditioned buildings and comfortable shoes
After you've attended orientation:
- Complete Campus Safety Training. Information will be emailed directly to students. Check your UNO email account.
- Review the New Student Orientation Welcome Guide. This document is available via your Student Success Community portal on Canvas. You will also receive a physical copy when you check into your in-person orientation session.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.