13th Floor Magazine
Explore 13th Floor Magazine
13th Floor Magazine is a student-run, campus literary journal that publishes two issues per year, featuring writing and visual art from UNO students, alumni, faculty, and staff. It is produced by the students in WRWS 3010: Literary Magazine. For information about how to join the editorial team or about this course, please email 13th Floor’s faculty advisor Dr. Lisa Fay Coutley at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her office at WFAB 209.
Submission Period for Spring 2023
What to Submit—
- Poetry (3-5 poems)
- Creative Nonfiction (no more than 5,000 words)
- Fiction (no more than 5,000 words)
- Micro-fiction or nonfiction (500-750 words)
- Screenplay (no more than 3,000 words)
- Visual Art (3-5 pieces)
Feel free to submit to more than one genre and/or to send an excerpt of a longer work. We only ask that you send your best work for consideration and follow the guidelines here.
How to Submit—
- Our editors read submissions blind, so please remove all identifying material from your submission—within the body of your writing and/or on your artwork.
- Files should be titled by genre and your last name: Poetry, Smith.
- All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com.
- We accept written work in Word .doc/x or PDF and art in PNG or JPEG (at least 300 dpi)
Poetry—submit no more than 5 poems per submission with all poems in one file (one poem/page).
Prose—submit one story/essay/play per file. Be sure to double space and to use page numbers.
Visual Art—please send high-resolution, quality images free of glares and distractions, and indicate your medium in the body of your email (e.g.: oil on canvas).