Tue./Wed 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Digital/new media arts and digital visual culture
- Mixed/augmented reality and virtual reality
- Gaming (video games, game design, and play/game pedagogy) and gaming culture
- Online learning and community of practice, and e-learning
- Integration of digital technology/media into art education and in teacher education
- Web 2.0 tools and social media
- Mobile technology and applications
For publications in Art Education and Technology in Education, please see Curriculum Vitae.
Ph.D., major in Curriculum & Instruction, specializing in Art Education; minor in Instructional Systems Technology, Indiana University, Bloomington
M.A., Instructional Systems Technology, Indiana University, Bloomington
B.A., Educational Media and Library Science, specializing in Instructional and Informational Design, Tamkang University, Taiwan
Game Design Camps for KANEKO ($11,685+) (2017- present)
2015 National Art Education Foundation (NAEF) Research Grant entitled “Empowering the Digital Generation through Creating Highly Interactive Virtual Environments (HIVEs),” ($8,250) (2015-2016)
2015-2016 Kelly Endowed Fund award for the project “Creating Blended Learning Environments for the Media Arts program” ($25,000) (2015-2017).
2008 Research Grant awarded by the National Art Education Foundation (NAEF), an affiliate of the National Art Education Association (NAEA).
For additional grants awarded for research and
Scheduled TeachingArt Education
- Art 3370 Technology in Arts Education
- Art 4350/7350 Trends in Art Education
- Art 4000/8006 Special Studies in Art Education (3D Virtual Worlds and Videogames)
- Art 1220 Digital Media Foundations
- Art 3140 Computer-Generated Imagery I
- Art 3170 Digital Game Design
- Art 4190 Game Design Studio
Rocks Tell Stories (Photography), School of Art Faculty Biennial Exhibition, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL (2013-2014)
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.