Dual Enrollment in Math
Get a Head Start
|Benefits of Dual Enrollment||Program Overview|
|Courses Available||Requirements for Student Participation|
|Teacher Qualifications||Teacher Requirements|
Dual Enrollment Calculus Program Benefits for Instructors and Students
- Professor available for visits and in-high school classroom lectures
- Case by case review for teacher scholarships relevant to completing a Master's program in Mathematics to meet the degree requirement for instructors of Dual Enrollment Calculus.
- Teacher workshop held once a year so that Dual Enrollment approved instructors can meet on campus faculty and meet with other Dual Enrollment Calculus Instructors, find out about research opportunities for students and resources available on campus, as well as exchange of ideas and program facilitation.
- Payment of substitute teachers and transportation costs for workshops and field trips.
- Dual Enrollment-sponsored "Calculus the Musical" event at on campus in the Spring for all Dual Enrollment students and teachers.
|Participating UNO Mathematics Dual Enrollment High Schools and Teachers|
|Valorie Sailors - Bellevue East||Andrew James - Omaha Central|
|Angela Daughtrey - Bellevue West||Brent Larson - Omaha Central|
|Greg Gross - Blair||Greg Sand - Omaha Central|
|Phil Meggers - Concordia||Andrew Blazek- Omaha North|
|Christopher Goodrich - Creighton Prep||Robert Hjelle - Omaha North|
|Lisa Schmidt - Marion||Steven Steinbruck - Omaha North|
|Tim Higgins - Millard North||Tom Griebel - Papillion- La Vista South|
|Megan Hopkins - Millard North||Kerri Homan - Papillion La Vista South|
|Sara Bonn - Millard South||Margaret Stiller - Plattsmouth|
|Daniel Hall - Millard West||Kevin Kleinssaser - Skutt|
|Megan Smith - Millard West||Shaun McMahon - Westside|
|Joseph Steele - Northwest||Linda Rau - Westside|
|Katie Garcia - Omaha Bryan||Shawna Tierney - University of Nebraska High School|
|Sharaon Hostler - Omaha Burke|
|Dual Enrollment Student Numbers Fall 2014 - Spring 2016|
|Course||F 14||S 15||F15|| S 16
|Dual Enrollment Student Numbers Fall 2010 - Spring 2014|
|Course||F 10||S 11||F 11||S 12||F 12||S 13||F 13||S 14|
|Dual Enrollment Student Numbers Fall 2006 - Spring 2010|
|Course||F 06||S 07||F 07||S 08||F 08||S 09||F 09||S 10|
|Participating Teachers in the Teachers of Mathematics Scholarship Program|
|Megan Hopkins - Millard North||Megan Han - Marian|
|Meghan Dovali - Millard North||Ryan Garder|
|Jacob Eitzen - Bellevue West|
|Past Teacher of Mathematics Scholarship Recipients|
|Kelly Sain||Jay Hutfles|
|Amy Delehant||Angela Daughtrey|
|Deanna Moisset||Derek Babb|
|Megan Smith||Angela Cramer|
|Julie Milks||Victor Icenogle|
|Leslie McFee||Phil Meggers|
|Ellen McNemar||Stephanie Mallisee|
|Ryan Homan||Michelle Vulgamott|
|Kerri Homan||Andrew Reed|
|Thomas Griebel||Amy Jones|
|Jessica Jolkowski||Andrew Fisher|
- AP Calculus BC: Two-semester course equivalent to the first two semesters of college calculus at UNO. Successful completion of semester one will result in UNO credit for MATH 1950 Calculus I, provided that the topics covered in the first semester correspond to those covered in UNO MATH 1950. Successful completion of semester two will result in UNO credit for MATH 1960 Calculus II.
- AP Calculus AB: Two-semester course, equivalent to the first semester of college calculus at UNO. Successful completion of the two-semester course will result in UNO credit for MATH 1950 Calculus I.
Requirements for Student Participation
Students who wish to participate must meet one of the following requirements:
- Math sub-score of 26 on the ACT
- Placement via the Calculus Readiness Exam (CRE)
AP Calculus teachers who wish to teach dual enrollment courses must meet the criteria for adjunct faculty in the Mathematics Department at UNO. The primary requirement is that the candidate holds a masters degree in mathematics ( MA, MS, or MAT). Exceptions or provisional status may be granted for candidates that do not meet the above criteria. Minimally, a provisional candidate must provide a college transcript and have completed a course in Analysis, having earned a grade of at least a B. Provisional status must be renewed each school year based upon review by the department as graduate mathematics courses are successfully completed.
Teachers of Dual Enrollment calculus courses must provide to the UNO Department of Mathematics the following items:
- A copy of all tests to be given for the semester.
- A syllabus stating specifically what topics will be covered, clearly stating where the curriculum breaks at semester.
The Teacher of Mathematics Scholarship is awarded to teachers of high school mathematics who are interested in obtaining a graduate degree in mathematics (MS, MA, or MAT) at UNO for the purpose of becoming eligible to teach UNO Calculus Dual Enrollment courses. These scholarships are awarded to teachers in school districts that are participating in the Dual Enrollment program. They will provide for the reimbursement of resident tuition for up to six graduate credit hours per semester for one year. No scholarship award becomes final until UNO graduate admission status is obtained. Continuation beyond the first year depends upon satisfactory academic progress and funds available.
Complete your application for the Teachers of Mathematics Scholarship.
For further information contact Dr. Janice Rech
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.