Digital Communications Governance
The University of Nebraska Omaha's (UNO) digital presence is the public face of the university. As such, it should:
- Be audience centered (student first) and have a consistent brand
- All communications channels should have a content strategy, be easily accessed and secure
- Specific to the website, it should have an intuitive architecture and optimized for search engines
To best showcase UNO as a coordinated, forward-thinking force to be reckoned with, our digital presence must be consistent and easy to use.
The purpose of the Digital Communications Governance is to empower university units to quickly create and publish engaging, accurate, consistent, and relevant digital content that supports the university’s mission.
UNO's digital communication will be directed and maintained by the following:
- Digital Communications Executive Committee
- CIO, Information Services, Bret Blackman
- Executive Director of University Communications, Erin Owen
- Associate Director of Digital Communications, Jason Buzzell
- UNO's Web Team
- Individual Unit Web Managers and Content Contributors
- Maverick Communications Group
Enhancement Projects (In progress)
The UNO website conversion project ended in December 2016. However, the success of the project was due to a phased approach with priorities determined by the the members of the Digital Communications Executive Committee (DCEC). Moving forward, the Digital Communications teams will continue with an iterative, phased approach, to improvements and enhancements to the website. The priorities directed by the DCEC will be guided by data, usability testing and strategic priorities aligned with UNO's Strategic Plan.
- Phase 1 (January 2017-Present)
Request CMS Training
Use the Start Your Project form to request Cascade Server Content Management System (CMS) training prior to beginning work on a website located within the CMS.
All university community members are encouraged to submit feedback. Suggestions are welcome for all levels of projects, from major initiatives to minor improvements:
Small change and maintenance requests can be submitted online through the Start Your Project form.
Conversion Project (Completed)
The UNO website conversion project took place in a series of phases. Priorities were determined by the members of the Digital Communications Executive Committee and implementation led by a team from University Communications and Information Technology Services.
The documents below provide a listing of the projects in each phase and their status: